Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2010, 09:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Jailbreak not working?

One of the few times actually asking for jailbreaking help as I'm regarded as the "master" of it at my school but I have no idea what the problem is.

My iPhone was pruchased in July and I have ahad it jailbroken since then, all has been fine till t oday it randomly shut off and then when turning on it wouldnt go past lock screen, anyways I restored and the problem now is no matter what i do I can't get it to re-jailbreak. Firmware is 3.1.2, I have tried blackra1n to which I just enter recovery mode and nothing more happens and redsn0w in which the screen stays black thoughout and when it says it is done I reboot since it is still black screen and no Cydia, WTF? Any ideas?
Old January 29, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought there were problems with Jailbreaking on 3.1.2, but I'm not sure. I have heard of people not being able to recently with blackrain. I'm still on 3.0.1 and running fine. So check out iphoneincanada.ca and maybe you'll find some info/answers there as there's a good number of people who know more than me :)
Old January 29, 2010, 06:38 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yea it's weird since it was fine before on3.1.2 I posted there as well no replys :( gotta find another forum
Old February 12, 2010, 07:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalieman077 View Post
One of the few times actually asking for jailbreaking help as I'm regarded as the "master" of it at my school but I have no idea what the problem is.

My iPhone was pruchased in July and I have ahad it jailbroken since then, all has been fine till t oday it randomly shut off and then when turning on it wouldnt go past lock screen, anyways I restored and the problem now is no matter what i do I can't get it to re-jailbreak. Firmware is 3.1.2, I have tried blackra1n to which I just enter recovery mode and nothing more happens and redsn0w in which the screen stays black thoughout and when it says it is done I reboot since it is still black screen and no Cydia, WTF? Any ideas?
If you're still having problems, I had problems with Blackra1n at first. Not sure what I did to fix it but check modmyi.com they always seem to have the latest on jailbreaks and stuff like that.
Old March 13, 2010, 01:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I jailbroke my friend's ipod with blackra1n and his is 3.1.2, it went flawlessly. I guess i was lucky?
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"