What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Favourite iPhone/iPod Apps

Adrian

i have a new touch here to giveas a gift..have any of you tried gadgettrak? iPhone Theft Recovery Software - GadgetTrak for iPhone & iPod Touch: Anti-theft Software for the iPhone & iPod Touch - iPhone Security Price: Free
does it work as described?
thanks

I wouldn't trust it, given the fact that they are giving it away for free, but moreso because they use a virtual iPhone and not a real iPhone to demo the software.
Looks like a scam to me. All security apps are fairly limited however. They are dependant on the iPhone being connected to the net to be tracked by an anti-theft APP. The best one to date is Orbicule's Undercover.
The fact that it needs a net connection to track is another reason gadgettrak seems like a scam, they need to be able to cover their server bandwidth costs and giving a way a product for free just doesn't seem financially responsible for a software upstart.
Orbicule's software however is $64.95 and is currently only available at Simply Computing at the moment. the price tag pays for your account's server activity at orbicule however so your online account remains free (for the moment anyway, this could change if their bandwidth cost increases).

Hope that was helpful :biggrin:

icepizza

i have a new touch here to giveas a gift..have any of you tried gadgettrak? iPhone Theft Recovery Software - GadgetTrak for iPhone & iPod Touch: Anti-theft Software for the iPhone & iPod Touch - iPhone Security Price: Free
does it work as described?
thanks
Just tried it out. I'd say it isn't worth it JMO. If someone does steal it they have to go to the Trak app and access it (I know I wouldn't if I stole an iPod:ph34r:). It does give you the ip address though if someone does access it.

MisterSkills

I haven't jailbroken my IPHONE yet, i've had it for 2 years, but the restrictions they are putting on it are starting to get to me!! If the network isin't ready to handle the internet traffic through their 3g network, stop pretending it's soo good in your ads.
Best apps:

Logmein
Sling (Lets me stream my TV from home to my iphone. WIFI only though FFFUUuuu, jailbroken Iphones get use it on 3g)
Skype (Wifi only again)

Andy

I just got my phone and I am sooo tempted to jailbreak it. I'm forcing myself not to at the moment. :) I still haven't cracked the surface of the app store but I got a iTunes giftcard in my stocking so I'll use that to buy a few.

belgolas

I just got my phone and I am sooo tempted to jailbreak it. I'm forcing myself not to at the moment. :) I still haven't cracked the surface of the app store but I got a iTunes giftcard in my stocking so I'll use that to buy a few.
Jailbreak it! Multi tasking done right, replying to text messages without leaving an app, plus so so so so soooooo many other great things!

Adrian

I Jailbroke my iPod Touch but I'm not sure if I should talk about the jailbroken apps here.

We can't really reprimand you for speaking your mind, we do live in a country of free speech.

However we would request that no tutorials, step by step guides, or anything of that nature be
posted in regards to jailbroken iPhones or Hackintosh's.
Also we will not provide any information on
these processes.

Discuss as much as you want. Just don't provide instructions :)

Adrian

My favorites for my 16gb 3Gs

Dropbox
Gowalla
Tweetie
Paper toss
1 Password
Spell check
Facebook
Showtimes.

I love Gowalla it's my new favourite App, I didn't even know it existed until Alex Albrecht and Kevin Rose discussed it on Diggnation. 1 Password is pretty epic as well.

Latest posts