Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2009, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Retentions can do wonders because Rogers has a high profit margin they can afford to cut here and there.

Personally I think plans are the absolute dumbest thing in the world. Imagine having to pay for a water plan or a power plan. No you just pay for what you use. I have that 6GB data plan for $30 and only use about 500mb a month at max with heavy usage. I wouldn't mind paying $5 a month for data but I am forced to pay for something I waste. And pay as you go is the most ridiculous over priced service over the already over priced plans.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 9, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Still wont be the same plan, but I agree, retentions is the place to go. They have great plans and tricks they can use to make it as close to your old one as possible.
CSRs can do most of the things they can, but they are not allowed to.
90% of Rogers CSRs are complete idiots that don't even know Rogers own plans. I don't think they even read the memos or anything. I called them before to get a plan that I was covered for and they didn't even know that it existed but got to retentions and in less than 30 seconds I had it and was on to my marry way.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 9, 2009, 06:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Retentions can do wonders because Rogers has a high profit margin they can afford to cut here and there.

Personally I think plans are the absolute dumbest thing in the world. Imagine having to pay for a water plan or a power plan. No you just pay for what you use. I have that 6GB data plan for $30 and only use about 500mb a month at max with heavy usage. I wouldn't mind paying $5 a month for data but I am forced to pay for something I waste. And pay as you go is the most ridiculous over priced service over the already over priced plans.
It's really hard to go through 6GB without tethering.

There's a $25 500MB data plan from retentions. Have you considered switching to that? How bout asking for credits because your bill is too high? What plan you got anyways?
Old December 9, 2009, 10:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
90% of Rogers CSRs are complete idiots that don't even know Rogers own plans. I don't think they even read the memos or anything. I called them before to get a plan that I was covered for and they didn't even know that it existed but got to retentions and in less than 30 seconds I had it and was on to my marry way.
Having worked there before there is only one thing I can say...
Your completely right.

I dont completely blame the CSRs for their incompetence though, the training is horrid and doesnt help much at all. Its just made to teach the basics of the basics and pump out people faster then they can quit.
Old December 9, 2009, 10:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Having worked there before there is only one thing I can say...
Your completely right.

I dont completely blame the CSRs for their incompetence though, the training is horrid and doesnt help much at all. Its just made to teach the basics of the basics and pump out people faster then they can quit.
Man, do I know what that is like ... Call centers suck! I did DSL Tech Support for Verizon. Ugh! Lasted for 8 months, lol.

But back on topic, I'm about to invest in an iphone, and am currently researching any and all plans available. I'm getting all my ammo prepared for that Rogers retentions call. I'd like to get in at no more than $50 a month (tax/fees included) with the cheapest data plan. As I'm a student it should be possible.

Anyone have anything similar?
Old December 10, 2009, 02:03 PM
Allstar

I doubt you will get anything for $50 a month but I'd highly suggest Fido. Better plans and they use the exact same network. I have 2000 anytime minutes, free text, and 500mb data plan which comes to almost $90 a month all in. I spent hours going over both the Rogers plans and Fido plans as I took over my phone from work, and even with my boss offering me $200 dollars so he wouldn't get the cancellation fee I still had to turn him down and go Fido. It would have cost me more than that just to finish out the 13 months left on contract with Rogers.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old December 10, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I doubt you will get anything for $50 a month but I'd highly suggest Fido. Better plans and they use the exact same network. I have 2000 anytime minutes, free text, and 500mb data plan which comes to almost $90 a month all in. I spent hours going over both the Rogers plans and Fido plans as I took over my phone from work, and even with my boss offering me $200 dollars so he wouldn't get the cancellation fee I still had to turn him down and go Fido. It would have cost me more than that just to finish out the 13 months left on contract with Rogers.
That's only new City Fido. Old City Fido was much better for the same price....

I'm glad I got my EPP plan before new Fido came.
Old December 10, 2009, 07:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you everyone that helped with the suggestions!
I phoned and at the computer prompt entered "cancel my contract" I thought this would send me to retentions, but in fact sent me to the regular customer representitive. I told them I was all set to pay the 25 dollar number change fee, but upon hearing that they wont not honor the 35$ contract price, I decided that I will not give my money to a company that treats customers in such ways. This lady was helpfull, she put me on hold and got in touch with retentions, but there was a wait, so she put me in the queue. I told retentions the same thing, and she put me on hold "to see what she could do" She said she could offer me a 10$ monthly credit. So that gets it down to 40 base a month, that combined with no "7.95" system access fee in ontario, but a 3.95 something fee, gets me to about the same ive been paying previously.

Thanks again!
Rock on HWC
Old December 10, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by odis172 View Post
Thank you everyone that helped with the suggestions!
I phoned and at the computer prompt entered "cancel my contract" I thought this would send me to retentions, but in fact sent me to the regular customer representitive. I told them I was all set to pay the 25 dollar number change fee, but upon hearing that they wont not honor the 35$ contract price, I decided that I will not give my money to a company that treats customers in such ways. This lady was helpfull, she put me on hold and got in touch with retentions, but there was a wait, so she put me in the queue. I told retentions the same thing, and she put me on hold "to see what she could do" She said she could offer me a 10$ monthly credit. So that gets it down to 40 base a month, that combined with no "7.95" system access fee in ontario, but a 3.95 something fee, gets me to about the same ive been paying previously.

Thanks again!
Rock on HWC
Should've just said retentions or cancellations. Much easier to get you to Retentions.

So what's your plan right now? Cus even though SAF is dropped, the GRRF (or was it something else) + $5 more expensive plan means you're actually paying more than SAF. Judging from what you said, all you did was save $10. You could probably save more while getting more perks at the same time.

Also don't forget to do a HUP if you can.