Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2009, 11:04 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Well, all you have to do is make them believe that you're seriously considering canceling your contract and going with a different provider because of what they're trying to do to you.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2009, 11:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,344
Default

And don't mention which provider, just give them a clue.. that if they don't get it right, you're willing to move on to another competitor..
__________________
Intel E8400, Biostar TPower i45
G-Skill PC2-8500 4GB, Saphire HD4870 512mb
Cooler Master HAF 932, Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old December 6, 2009, 06:45 AM
MVP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Peterborough/Barrie Ontario
Posts: 292
Default

Sorry but you cant have your old plan... and its nothing to do with the CSR or a supervisor
Having worked in a call centre I dreaded this situation, literally there was nothing I could do to meet the old plan. As in nothing physically possible short of mailing you a cheque for the difference every month. The program used by CSR doesnt allow those plans to exist in any area then the special "small market" ones. As soon as the number was changed the plan was lost forever, the best you can hope for is some credits/special socs (how we used to refer to addons like text) to meet you part way. Its crap I know, but not as crappy as the fact they have been charging the rest of us more and more for this stuff. Its all overpriced in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2009, 05:48 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Sorry but you cant have your old plan... and its nothing to do with the CSR or a supervisor
Having worked in a call centre I dreaded this situation, literally there was nothing I could do to meet the old plan. As in nothing physically possible short of mailing you a cheque for the difference every month. The program used by CSR doesnt allow those plans to exist in any area then the special "small market" ones. As soon as the number was changed the plan was lost forever, the best you can hope for is some credits/special socs (how we used to refer to addons like text) to meet you part way. Its crap I know, but not as crappy as the fact they have been charging the rest of us more and more for this stuff. Its all overpriced in my opinion.
Sorry, but I think the only thing that should've changed was the phone number, and perhaps the provincial fees. To have a plan transferred to a new phone number, you shouldn't have any issues at all, even on a retentions plan. My ex gf did it with Fido, basically the exact same company as Rogers, with no hassles.

Talk to retentions and complain to them that CSR said you would be paying $20/month more just for moving, which is ridiculous. Be nice and tell them that you want to remain a customer for sometime, otherwise start to haggle them on canceling. They WANT you to stay on. It's money in their pocket.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2009, 08:49 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,047
Default

Try this:

[Elect] [Merged] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I got an amazing deal following the tips there.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old December 8, 2009, 08:40 PM
MVP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Peterborough/Barrie Ontario
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Sorry, but I think the only thing that should've changed was the phone number, and perhaps the provincial fees. To have a plan transferred to a new phone number, you shouldn't have any issues at all, even on a retentions plan. My ex gf did it with Fido, basically the exact same company as Rogers, with no hassles.

Talk to retentions and complain to them that CSR said you would be paying $20/month more just for moving, which is ridiculous. Be nice and tell them that you want to remain a customer for sometime, otherwise start to haggle them on canceling. They WANT you to stay on. It's money in their pocket.

Good luck!
Not for special market plans though, when the number is changed it does detect it and forces a change of plan. If the plan is still available he could get it back... but he would have to change his number back to the proper area code.

Now there are other deals available, im just saying you most likely wont have something as good as you had before... believe me there are some really nice plans if you live in a couple special areas, better then some employee discounts (unless you are an employee living there...)

Last edited by Agafaba; December 8, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old December 9, 2009, 01:22 PM
MAC's Avatar
MAC MAC is offline
Associate Review Editor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,015
Default

Call Customer Relations directly, 1-888-936-7283 or *611 (from your mobile).

Their sole purpose is to retain unhappy customers.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old December 9, 2009, 01:59 PM
Adrian's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12
Default

Rogers is a pretty big joke in the telecom industry, but I find all telecoms to be a joke. That being said I find Telus and Bell have beefed up their customer service for iPhone customers.
Also a recent video was posted to Youtube showing that Bell's Network speeds significantly outmatch Rogers'.

Just some food for thought.
__________________
Adrian // adrian@compu2000.com
Mac | PC Technical Support Specialist

Compu2000.com | Apple Authorized Reseller | Dell Registered Partner
Authorized Service Centre : Asus notebooks | Samsung LCDs

120 - 8555 Sea Island Way
Richmond, BC, V6X 0A8
Tel: 604-288-4992
Fax: 604-278-8664
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old December 9, 2009, 02:40 PM
Chilly's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,593
Default

Call retentions, the regular CSR's(and their managers) PHYSICALLY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO IT. Their computer system that they use does not give them the option.

Retentions on the other hand has access to MANY different tools that the regular CSR's do not, hell when I had an issue with Rogers Collection's dept, they transfered me to retentions to get the issue fixed, as they did not have the ability to backdate plans(long story), but retentions did.
__________________
"Let's face it, we're not changing the world. We're building a product that helps people buy more crap - and watch porn."
Bill Watkins, CEO Seagate Technology

Dual Xeon X5650 @ 4.1GHz | EVGA Classified SR-2
2x4GB G.Skill at 1496MHz (9-9-9-24) | XFX 4890 XXX 1GB at 1000/1000MHz
Intel SSD X25-M 80GB Gen2 | Western Digital 1TB Black | SilverStone Zeus 1200W
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | Sony MDR-V700 | Windows Seven x64


Stuff for Sale! You must buy it, you can't look away!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old December 9, 2009, 05:07 PM
MVP
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Peterborough/Barrie Ontario
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Call retentions, the regular CSR's(and their managers) PHYSICALLY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO IT. Their computer system that they use does not give them the option.

Retentions on the other hand has access to MANY different tools that the regular CSR's do not, hell when I had an issue with Rogers Collection's dept, they transfered me to retentions to get the issue fixed, as they did not have the ability to backdate plans(long story), but retentions did.
Still wont be the same plan, but I agree, retentions is the place to go. They have great plans and tricks they can use to make it as close to your old one as possible.
CSRs can do most of the things they can, but they are not allowed to.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stimulus Plan Eldonko Off Topic 40 January 28, 2009 11:15 PM
Here is the Plan Soultribunal Water Cooling 53 December 12, 2008 12:44 PM
Trying to plan a WC build Iamcanadian7 Water Cooling 1 September 9, 2008 08:24 PM
BF : BC Anyone here plan to get it ebdoradz Gaming 8 June 12, 2008 08:55 PM
Rogers Bringing the iPhone to Canucks Hardware Canucks Press Releases & Tech News 2 May 5, 2008 08:51 AM