Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   iPhone & iPods (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/iphone-ipods/)
-   -   Iphone vs clones (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/iphone-ipods/22772-iphone-vs-clones.html)

CactusJoe September 5, 2009 09:40 AM

Iphone vs clones

Hey

I'm shopping for a brand new iphone. Thing is, im not interested the rogers/fido plans wich costs thousands over 3 years.

What I want to do is unlock it, add a 20$/month sim card and listen to my music with earphones or in my car and browse internet when near a wifi, thats all.

So I was wondering...
I saw many, many, iphone clones mostly from china. They are about the 1/9th of the price wich is well.. much more affordable for me :)

Question is, whats the music quality on thoses littre suckers?

I know they are not apple, so their exploitation system is not even close to the same thing but I'm really intrigued by the sound and overall quality.

thx

Perineum September 5, 2009 09:43 AM

No real idea what you're talking about.

I hate Apple and their policies. I hate their design on computers. I hate the whole damn mentality surrounding them and their products.... but, as a device, I like the iPhone.

Apple says we're too stupid to multitask, or change our own battery.... but most other things about it are pretty slick.

Best thing I was able to do was get the HTC Touch Pro 2.

I've got absolutely no complaints so far except that the "TouchFLO" gui wrapper HTC put on top of Windows Mobile does not "wrap" every screen. Eventually if you go deep enough into menus you get dropped down into the Windows Mobile GUI. While plain, it's not bad it's just a touch confusing when it happens.

CactusJoe September 5, 2009 09:58 AM

I hate mostly apple's computer too ^^

But the iphone/ipod are sick. (exept for itunes wich really sucks)

Mr. Cipher September 5, 2009 11:06 AM

What if you bought an ipod touch for music / wifi and got some cheap-o cell for your $20/mo calls?

CactusJoe September 5, 2009 11:39 AM

i tought about that for a while.

Its not very expensive thats true...

But after thinking it trought, I figured that buying a iphone would only be 100-150$ more and im travelling alot so, everytime i have to find a spot somewhere with a unsecured wifi wich can be hard to find... I also considered having more than one device but at the end it will be around the same price too and not as usefull...

So, to save the hassle and to have a 100% 24/7 working phone and music player im looking much more at the iphone :)

btw nice avatar :)
and thx very much

Lpfan4ever September 5, 2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perineum (Post 250981)
HTC

This man knows what he's talking about. I have an HTC Touch. Very simple, older phone compared to their newer stuff. Slap on some custom firmware and you'll never go back. It's my phone, music player, web browser, email receiver, weatherman and my map. All in one small package, which works very well.

chrisk September 5, 2009 12:11 PM

+1 to the HTC touch. Can be had for cheap and does all the iPhone does plus more.

Spikemaul September 5, 2009 01:21 PM

Just buy yourself an iPod Touch 2G and jailbreak it. You won't regret it.:bananafunky:

shayan288 September 5, 2009 01:21 PM

I have an asian iClone and the music quality, and video quality is beast. Only downside is that there is no wifi. But I got it for 70 bucks, so im not complaining.

Digikid September 5, 2009 04:35 PM

I have personally seen the Iclone. The best description for it is CRAP. The screen is resistive instead of what apple uses and the text is screwed up. It is very slow and unresponsive.