Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2009, 09:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
+1 to the HTC touch. Can be had for cheap and does all the iPhone does plus more.
ha! Ya can do more than the iPhone ya right. Yes it is a good phone but to exaggerate is one thing. The iPhone 3GS is rated the best phone on a crap load of websites and some websites don't even have the HTC Touch in the top ten best smart phones. Also a lot of developers are supporting the iPhone and there are a ton of good apps (you just have to look through a ton of garbage or read professional reviews). Apps is what makes or brakes a good phone.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 4, 2010, 05:50 PM
Rookie

The overall quality of Meizu M8 is fine, but the reception is below-average, I heard many complain about poor signal.

iPhone still has best I/O interface and user experience, with good build quality. The signal is better than my old 5800, I was so surprised that I can use the phone in under-ground parking, clearly!
Old January 4, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
ha! Ya can do more than the iPhone ya right. Yes it is a good phone but to exaggerate is one thing. The iPhone 3GS is rated the best phone on a crap load of websites and some websites don't even have the HTC Touch in the top ten best smart phones. Also a lot of developers are supporting the iPhone and there are a ton of good apps (you just have to look through a ton of garbage or read professional reviews). Apps is what makes or brakes a good phone.

You can call me a hater if I can call you a fanboi
Old January 5, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NEXUS ONE FTW
Old January 14, 2010, 03:51 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I was in the same predicament as you, I didn't wan to pay for the data plans which you end up paying $1000+ for over 3 years. So what I did was, I bought the phone for $499 from Fido. I payed $299 for the 32GB model and an extra $200 for the early data cancellation fee. I did this because I have Wifi at almost all the places I spend most of my time in and I realised that you would save at the least, $800 over 3 years! I do not like the iphone clones because they are simply not reliable!
Dell XPS 630i / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.67GHz / Stock Cooling (Temporary) / 6GB DDR2 800 RAM + 4GB Windows ReadyBoost/ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT / Samsung SpinPoint 640GB + Seagate FreeAgent 250GB / 750W PSU / Nvidia Nforce 650i SLI / Logitech X-235 Speakers + Plantronics .Audio 370 Gaming Headset / Dell 22' E228WFP / Razer DeathAdder /Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Airshehan
Old January 29, 2010, 06:27 PM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikemaul View Post
Just buy yourself an iPod Touch 2G and jailbreak it. You won't regret it.
This is not a bad idea. But I think that iPhone is much better to use. It is worth the investment.

I am an iPhone user for a long time now and it works for me.

The iPhone has the best web browser as far as the current technology goes. It is convenient and fun to use. Plus the multi-touch feature beats every other touch-screen device in the market.

Can anyone explain in detail how is a HTC Touch Pro better than iPhone 3G(S) 32 GB?