Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2008, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

Default will a LANBOX case be to hot to hold a 88GT?

going to buy LANBOX,,,for HTPC,lanparty and downloading uses,,,(since rogers is limiting the bandwidth,,so im planning to go down to my friends house and use his bell DSL[with unlimited downloading] and download,,,XD[im not cheap,,,but i just dont like to get riped off by rogers,,,XD])

will the case be too hot to hold these kind of cards?

im planning on getting
E6750(from my old computer,,,upgrading my old computer to E8400 or Q9450)
P5E-VM
8800GT
mushkin HP-550 550W PSU
ZALMAN 9700NT
thermaltake LANBOX

will this all fit inside?,,i heard that the case is very roomy
Old June 18, 2008, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't see it being to hot provided you purchase one that does not have the single slot cooling it will be very noisy and hot, I know that most people have opted including the manufacturers for better cooling on the 8800GT. I suggest looking into a version that incorporates a dual-slot cooling heatsink if you can spare the room in the case.

As far as the internet issue goes, I am not sure where you are located but I am in Toronto and Bell has put a usage cap on each persons line, if you're friend has unlimited usage then he's paying 25.00 bucks a month for it and its not neccessarily free as you might of thought. Getting ripped off as far as I am concerned is a Canadian pass time the corporations have come to love and get rich by.
Old June 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
I don't see it being to hot provided you purchase one that does not have the single slot cooling it will be very noisy and hot, I know that most people have opted including the manufacturers for better cooling on the 8800GT. I suggest looking into a version that incorporates a dual-slot cooling heatsink if you can spare the room in the case.

As far as the internet issue goes, I am not sure where you are located but I am in Toronto and Bell has put a usage cap on each persons line, if you're friend has unlimited usage then he's paying 25.00 bucks a month for it and its not neccessarily free as you might of thought. Getting ripped off as far as I am concerned is a Canadian pass time the corporations have come to love and get rich by.
dual slot heatsink,,,HR-03 GT?

my friends mon is those kind of people who like to argue with big companys for a better price,,,and they really give her a cheaper price,,,
i dont have the courage to argue with rogers or swich to bell or other companys,,and i dont want to pay the 25 bucks,,,XD
so ill just go to my friends house every week to download something