Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2014, 10:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't ever gotten it to play an entire discography for an artist, it will play specific albums, but I always get errors on my remote (the standard xbmc app) saying it can't, or it fails.

I don't have any Flac files, they are all mp3, I just wished I had an interface available to me that's similar to winamp (as I love that music application on Windows). Though my music issues 'may' be solved with this different remote app, we'll see when I have time this evening to check it out.
Old September 8, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know this is an ancient thread but I am curious as to what your final decision was
Old September 9, 2014, 07:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I went for a chromecast.. There are loads of 3rd party apps for it now so I navigate to a file on my pc with my phone and play... simples and very cheap, though you need good wireless for really high quality stuff. :D
Am sure there are different apps for different things, such as music, movies, streaming etc. I generally stream though from pc. It's much better since 3rd party apps are available.. Though I'm not doing anything too complicated with mine.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old September 9, 2014, 07:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I stuck with XBMC, well now Kodi, except for the fact that I use Yatse as my remote as it gives me more control, especially with the youtube plugin app I can brows on my phone and send the youtube video to my xbmc to play. I have yet to tackle audio off of xbmc, though I did get aWareRemote Server which allows me to remotely control winamp from my phone. Those two combined together have been meeting my demands.