Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2013, 06:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

As I expected Lucid MVP makes no difference when flying X-Planes.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old April 10, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think it works on my system. If I understand correctly I need to install the card in the first pciex16 slot, the closest to my cpu. When I do that and boot connected to the iGPU the display degrades to 640x480 and 8 colors. Even installing windows 7 from zero does not solve the issue. I managed to get Virtu to work, it shows the GPU virtualization is on, but the GT430 is installed in the second pciex16 slot and it seems there is not any acceleration whatsoever when I game. I used the latest drivers available for both intel and nvidia.
Old April 15, 2013, 11:04 AM
MVP

Same here MARSTG.
I had to turn it off as it was causing issues while gaming. Blinding white when looking at the sun in Arma II and crashing while playing BF2. Not that I needed it for BF2 anyway but it was still on when I was playing it. There wasn't much of a noticable difference in gaming either. FRAPS reported the same fps for the most part.
Old August 17, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am guessing but have the motherboard graphics driver installed could this be the reason why you are getting the 640x480?
I have no experience at all at this and just today and read a little about and watched a video showing this and was curious at testing this myself, but from what I understand is that if you are not gaming then they system will switch to a kind of green mode which would be the on board graphics so if you don't have the onboard graphics driver installed then it will show up as whichever the highest resolution the on board graphics can achieve. but like I said I have no experience at all with this and am about to see what happens, .
Now that I have said that I have a kind of stupid question , at the Asrock website in the downloads section show a beta version of this software for my asrock z77 extreme3 motherboard now after I install this do I switch the cable from my card to on board ?
Old August 17, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well apparently it is enables in my bios but I cannot install the software because it gives me an error saying" Integrated Graphics Device not found"
Old August 18, 2013, 04:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In my experience this install works best from zero : fresh windows install, motherboard drivers, Integrated Graphics Intel drivers then the driver for your video card and then the Virtu software. Yes, in theory (and reviews) you should be able to put your cable at the video output of the motherboard while enjoying most of the heavy lifting done by the video card. The software is supposed to copy the output of the video card's frame buffer and paste it to the IGPs frame buffer thus giving you the game rendered by the video card through the display of the cpu. I finally gave up because it did not seem to work correctly on that mobo.
Old August 18, 2013, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

strange thing happens ever since I went from my AMD to i5 build I was getting on very rare occasions I was getting "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" then for the past few weeks it would happen an average twice a day usually when I was using Firefox web browser I tried everything I could think of to fix this coming very irritating error. so yesterday after figuring out that I myself forgot to install the onboard graphics driver was able to install the software only now I am getting this exact same error while playing firefall Beta it must have happened 5 timers yesterday while gaming buit it hasn't happened while webbrowser at least so far.
Now back to the subject I havn't noticed any difference in performance while gaming accept for the Display driver has stopped responding which would totally freeze my PC and was sometime recoverable if I could alt tab to my desktop to see the error popup or I would have to do a hard restart . I also have the virtual vsync enabled and added the game to the applications list I am going to turn of the virtual vsync to see if that makes any difference if there is no change I just might unistall it since it is only seems to be using ram and cpu power lol
Old November 17, 2013, 10:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I tried out Lucid MVP recently. It does work for popular titles tested in the compatibility list. However, in some other games (Steam Source Engine games: CS) is causes problems. You have to fiddle around with the settings to make it work for 'unsupported' titles. Their FAQ on their site explains everything.