Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2013, 02:36 PM
Top Prospect

Default XBMC with two monitors

Hi all,

I have my desktop hooked up to my tv/avr via hdmi as a second monitor and I have XBMC set to start on my tv which is great but few things I wanted to figure out.

is there was a way to make XBMC always on top? If I click something on my primary monitor it will minimize XBMC.

2nd. How can I make my 1st monitor still go to screen saver and standby after a while like it does without something in full screen on the tv?

Thanks
Old February 8, 2013, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, here is my non helpful answers....

1. Yes, there is a way to do that. You'll be able to watch TV and still use your computer like normal while the content plays on the tv. This is how my wife has it set up so that she can get something done on the computer and the kids can watch "Cars" for the bazillionth time while still feeling close to mommy. I believe the setting is to disable "true fullscreen" but it causes a bit of a "stutter" in your playback unless you turn Aero off..... I think

2. No idea.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:13 PM
Top Prospect

okay I sent it too windows fullscreen seems to work for now so thanks for giving me a hint, hopefully I can find a solution to the my 2nd question
Old February 9, 2013, 02:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

perhaps this? Multi-monitor Screen Saver - Actual Multiple Monitors - Actual Tools
Old February 10, 2013, 01:59 PM
Top Prospect

Exactly something Im looking for however, it does not work when xmbc is playing a video.