Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2012, 10:08 AM
Rookie

Default Need Help With PC to TV

In January, we'll be moving to a condo that does not allow satellite. I'm a baseball fan and each year I subscribe to MLB.com and watch games on my PC. What I want to do, since satellite is out, is watch a ball game on a TV rather than my monitor. I'll be using cable for broadband connection. So, what do I need, have to do, etc. I've never even thought about doing something like this, but I have three months to get everything together.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Old October 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well depending on your video card and the back of your TV plugins you most likely could just use a HDMI cable but to be honest more information on what type of tv and PC would help.
Old October 6, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
well depending on your video card and the back of your TV plugins you most likely could just use a HDMI cable but to be honest more information on what type of tv and PC would help.
thats the route to take long HDMI cable from pc to tv

if your hardware supports HDMI
Old October 7, 2012, 09:59 AM
Rookie

Thanks, guys. I should have mentioned I haven't bought a TV as yet and, when I do, it will be the the 27"-32" and wall mounted. I'll also build a new computer system, and I'm leaning to either a GTX 670 or 680. Either of those cards should do what I want, and HDMI is a first requirement.

Thanks,

Bob