Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HTPC Systems & Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/)
-   -   Zotac Nano AD10 + XBMC (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/49613-zotac-nano-ad10-xbmc.html)

Kurtis Wanner December 20, 2011 07:03 PM

Zotac Nano AD10 + XBMC
 
Hi Linus,
Is that video detailing the use of the Zotac ZBox Nano AD10 with XBMC still upcoming?
I'm interested in buying one for a HTPC but I'm waiting to see what's involved.

Thanks!

Linus December 21, 2011 12:09 AM

It was filmed tonight, and will be up in the next week or so. After water cooling V2....

Kurtis Wanner December 21, 2011 10:40 AM

Excellent, I'm looking forward to it.
Any spoilers? Might the Nano make a good Christmas gift? ;)

Spartus December 29, 2011 12:36 AM

Works great. Bought it from Canadacomputers on boxing day

Win 7 + XBMC, no problems at all yet.

enaberif December 29, 2011 06:32 AM

FYI.. new beta of xbmc and its smooth

rrrake January 15, 2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartus (Post 584188)
Works great. Bought it from Canadacomputers on boxing day

Win 7 + XBMC, no problems at all yet.

I recommend trying out OPENELEC.

Boots amazingly quick on my AD10 and all the menus even using Aeon Nox skin are nice and responsive.

Can be loaded off an SD card, with maybe 200MB needed for the OS.

I've been playing with this for a few weeks, so any questions feel free to ask.

Kurtis Wanner January 15, 2012 12:17 PM

Where's the video??
 
That sure sounds good, but a lot of people seem to be having trouble with it:
Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) | OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone
You don't?

I'm still waiting for the NCIX video showing it all working flawlessly (and how-to) before I spend any money. It was supposed to be after the Water Cooling V2, but that was 2 weeks ago.

rrrake January 15, 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurtis Wanner (Post 590620)
That sure sounds good, but a lot of people seem to be having trouble with it:
Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) | OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone
You don't?

I'm still waiting for the NCIX video showing it all working flawlessly (and how-to) before I spend any money. It was supposed to be after the Water Cooling V2, but that was 2 weeks ago.


Shoot any questions at me you want about it! I have it working great currently on 32bit eden release.
I've tried the 64bit releases, and have had them working well also, but some of the addons only work for 32bit currently (apparently)

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to in that thread? It spans 3 months, and one of the quotes on the page you posted states : "No, my ZBOX AD10 is very quite since Version r9106."

Kurtis Wanner January 15, 2012 12:50 PM

I'll admit I didn't read every post, but skimming looked like a lot of video sync problems and remotes not working. It's nice to hear from someone who has it going though!
I guess the most useful thing would be "here is what hardware to buy" and "here is how to set it up", but that's asking a lot. :)

Did you buy the barebones AD10? What kind of RAM and HD? Anything else required?

rrrake January 15, 2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurtis Wanner (Post 590636)
I'll admit I didn't read every post, but skimming looked like a lot of video sync problems and remotes not working. It's nice to hear from someone who has it going though!
I guess the most useful thing would be "here is what hardware to buy" and "here is how to set it up", but that's asking a lot. :)

Did you buy the barebones AD10? What kind of RAM and HD? Anything else required?

I bought the Plus Model with the 320GB HD and 2gb RAM stick. Upgraded to 4gb ram, but its not needed. Barebones would be fine with just an SD Card and a 2gb stick of RAM (although I recommend a HD).

Nothing else required. I havent tested bluetooth, but wireless works (albeit not amazingly). Remote works fine both internal and using the external usb adapter.

One file has to be edited (asound.conf) to get dts and dolby digital working over hdmi.

No problems with Video Sync, unless I have it change to 1080p 24hz with questionable materials. CPU cores run at ~40% each when playing Frozen Planet full 1080p.

Streaming works wonderfully, I can stream SD content no problem over the wifi, HD has some buffering issues I haven't got into yet.

The remote, is ok. It works out of the box, I'll probably change a few of the keymaps for it.
I recommend dropping $40 on the boxee remote for a better user experience if you plan on using it a lot.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.