Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2011, 06:15 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
I have one of those and needed another ... found this and I like it better.

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard (K400) : Keyboards - Best Buy Canada
+1

I'm using the Logitech K400 as well and have no problems with it. It picked one up at Futures Shop for $40.
Old October 28, 2011, 10:14 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
Me too, but he wanted integrated mouse.
Totally missed that.

Then ya my suggestion would be the K400. I want to get one of these for our server at work as we have one computer that doesn't work with our over priced PS2 KVM that I can't get replaced.
Old October 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
Rookie

This is my favourite HTPC keyboard and the remote works fabulously with Windows Media Center.

NMEDIAPC.com - the leading Home Theater PC componenets manufactory who provide one stop shop for your HTPC needs. Visit us to build your dream HTPC, Media Center PC and Home Media server. We offer the most quiet, cooler, compact and multi-functional

The keyboard has sensual sculpted curves. It looks good and when you pick it up, it just feels natural and familiar. You can cradle it like a giant XBOX controller. The shoulder button on the right is for the left mouse button and a combination scroll wheel/middle-click mouse buttons is on the left shoulder. The optical trackball is under your right thumb and the left and right mouse buttons are under your the left. I found this to be a perfect position for point and click Web browsing.

The same sculpted shape fits it comfortably on your lap for serious typing. Or if you prefer, 4 soft rubber feet hold it tenaciously to any flat surface with the keyboard angled slightly up. The keys are arranged in the standard notebook layout. The keys are a little mushy and don't have the clikity-clack of a full-sized keyboard. I find that throws off my touch typing.

But, if that isn't enough, they throw in a pretty good MCE compatible remote control. Although the buttons are a little small, there seems to be one for every imaginable MCE function: My TV, Music, Photos, Video, Live and Recorded TV, DVD and Guide. You may find the small buttons and labels a problem in dim light. I found the layout intuitive to memorize. The remote also has a trackball and left/right mouse buttons. The number pad does not support triple-press text entry in MCE dialog boxes.
Old October 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblazzwa View Post
what ever you do dont buy that nmediapc htpc keyboard its a real peice of shit
What did you hate about it?
Old October 16, 2012, 09:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Logitech K400 works great for me and is pretty cheap.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old October 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael DeAbreu View Post
What did you hate about it?
I cant speak for Johnny but I found the nmedia keyboard didnt have the greatest range, and the dongle is huge and hangs off the back of the computer like a set of dog balls. After it broke I replaced it with this deuce ncix dropped last year Doking Bluettooth Wireless Trackball Keyboard Remote Control RANGE.(NO Dongle Receiver) which actually managed to make the nmedia look good. I'm thinking of trying the lenovo keyboard next. I still have the nmedia remote that came with the keyboard, it gets daily use and has been working well. Its a bit on the ugly side but funtional.