Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2011, 07:54 PM
Top Prospect

Default Home Karokie set up? Is this sufficient?

So my parents (mostly mom) has been bugging me about getting our HTPC upgraded for KTV/Karoke

My current set up is the following

2GB DDR2 800 Kingston
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L
C2D CPU running at 2.5ghz
ATI 4670 HD
Onboard sound AC97

Looking to get two of the following pieces to get the upgrade complete
Creative Audigy 7.1 PCI sound card (the cheap one thats like 30 bucks everywhere, $26 at NCIX)
Sony Microphone 3.5mm any available from Canada Computers (19 bucks) or the Logitech Vantage USB (18 @ BTE)

Just got a set of Logitech X-530s today so I definately need something better than onboard sound

If ya'll got better suggestions I'd love to hear and learn because this whole karokie thing is totally new to me. I mean what I want is for the sound to instantly playback and have the PC sound card act as a receiver/amp. I know i may have to fallback on using the onboard for the real time processing but yeah.

Need hardware suggestions and also some software suggestions.

Looked at the Creative Karokie software but those only come with the X-Fi series don't really want to drop the dough but if its all that good then I'd be inclined to do it.