Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default XBMC 10 Released!

As of Dec 18th the full release of XBMC 10 Dharma is available for download =)

I just did a quick install from ubuntu using svn/ppa and so far so good, aside from having to re-config autosuspend again it seems to working fine on my Zotac Mag box. I havent had a chance to really mess around with it or even play a movie as the TV is currently unavailable... .

The big news is that Dharma now allows for Add-ons within XBMC, no more messing around with FTP to get Add-ons. This applies to skins, within the skins menu you have the choice of downloading and enabling the skin of your choice with your remote.

See the full info and downloads here XBMC

Updates to come as I start to play with this new release. Still need to get snes emulator working as well.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old December 26, 2010, 07:13 PM

My System Specs

I've been using the betas for a few months and still am using Beta 3 ATM. It is quite nice being able to keep all your addons up to date nice and easily.
Old December 26, 2010, 07:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I have been running the Beta 2 and Beta 3 for a while and have rather enjoyed it. I'll have to give this polished product a go sometime in the future.
Old December 27, 2010, 10:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Can't wait to get my htpc up and built :)
Old December 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

its to bad that my Remote for my TV card doesn't work with the xbmc becasue I really like the way it looks
Old December 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Have you tried a cheepy $20 remote from NCIX? should still be able to control your tv card and xmbc id think, with some tweaking.

Played around with the release a bit more last night and I must say it feels far more finished then 9.11 did. not many add-ons to grab yet, but I like being able to easily change skins and the menus feel alot snappier on my MAG. I didnt jump into the beta releases as I had a working system already and I have heard of quite a few issues with nettops and dharma betas going bad.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old December 27, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

first time xmbc user so far so great love the gui and very easy to setup for the clients who only want a htpc for music/movies/tv ( like most do ) thanks all great frontend
Old January 6, 2011, 09:18 AM
MVP

I already feel like an idiot having to ask about this, so no need to point it out but...

How the hell do you get back to what is currently playing? Like.. if I'm playing a movie and I go back into the menu to ... do things.. I can't figure out a way to return to the movie (that is still playing in the background) and have it just resume where it is. If I right click on the library, I get a Now Playing option, which then shows the movie and if I select it, it starts from the beggining again

Second question, when I play a music file, it goes back to the main menu and shows the music playing in the bottom right corner. After some time, it'll load Milkdrop and do the visualizations but I can't figure out how to make it go there whenever I want. Likewise, same with the now playing up top (they're probably related), I can't figure out how to go back to the list view of the folder that the currently playing song belongs to.

XBMC wiki offered no help :( so.. please.. help?

Video: 2x R9 290 @ 1050 / 1375 | ASUS VG248QE |

Audio: STX => Audioengine A5 / audio technica AD700X
Old January 6, 2011, 09:49 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
I already feel like an idiot having to ask about this, so no need to point it out but...

How the hell do you get back to what is currently playing? Like.. if I'm playing a movie and I go back into the menu to ... do things.. I can't figure out a way to return to the movie (that is still playing in the background) and have it just resume where it is. If I right click on the library, I get a Now Playing option, which then shows the movie and if I select it, it starts from the beggining again

Second question, when I play a music file, it goes back to the main menu and shows the music playing in the bottom right corner. After some time, it'll load Milkdrop and do the visualizations but I can't figure out how to make it go there whenever I want. Likewise, same with the now playing up top (they're probably related), I can't figure out how to go back to the list view of the folder that the currently playing song belongs to.

XBMC wiki offered no help :( so.. please.. help?
Tab key
Old January 6, 2011, 09:52 AM
MVP

GFD.. are you serious? that was it? ugh... +100 for you!

Video: 2x R9 290 @ 1050 / 1375 | ASUS VG248QE |

Audio: STX => Audioengine A5 / audio technica AD700X