Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2010, 04:24 AM
Rookie

Default My Zalman HD503 HTPC Home build

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so firstly a big "Hello" to everyone!!!
Old December 17, 2010, 04:25 AM
Rookie

Here is a video of my HTPC build for you guys to look at and comment on.....

YouTube - Zalman HD503 HTPC Home Build (Part 2 of 2)

Thank you very much guys !!
Old December 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

i love the look of zalamn's cases man, Really clean looking. I've been wanting to get a 502 (non lcd) zalman for a while now and i've always wondered if you could fit an corsair h-50 in one of those, you think ya can? It looks like there's a 120mm fan location right by the CPU. I want to get the 502 and another 5670 to crossfire for a basic htpc/gaming unit an h-50 in it.

also got to ask, how functional is that lcd? can you by chance get it to display data like world market values/stocks ect?

Awe the temptations, it aint easy being cheap
Old December 20, 2010, 03:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTI View Post
Why have you posted this on so many sites

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/29...ome-build-part

My Zalman HD503 HTPC Home Build Part 1 - Computer Juice

GamesRadar Forums: My Zalman HD503 HTPC Home Build part 2 ...

Zalman HD503 HTPC Build XBMC (Part 1 of 2) | Homeless Fart

My Zalman HD503 HTPC Home Build Part 1 | PC Hardwares Informations

Zalman HD503 HTPC case Home Build part 1/2 - Overclockers Forums

Zalman HD503 HTPC Build Parts 1 and 2 - Kustom PC's Forums

htpc zalman hd503 hotswop dvd bluray player hdd ssd remote control xbmc xbox media centre usb port e-sata finger volume black lcd news bulletin date time music movies programs 500gb crucial c300 hd4850 radeon sapphire 3gb ddr3 asus p6t deluxe corsair

My Zalman HD503 HTPC Home Build part 1 - PC specs - Completed - General Discussion

Zalman HD503 HTPC Build XBMC (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube - VideoWired.com - Get Wired!

Building my HTPC - Part 1: The Parts - Desi Video Network

10 more too
I have posted my video on around 6/7 random websites which apply to my chosen subject, I do this to gather much varied information for my builds, to gain knowledge and hopefully maybe it may interest others too, I do this with all of my builds and have done for many years.

you seem to be confused a little bit about the links from me you have carefully search for, let me put the matter straight for you :

DesiVideoNetwork.com takes videos from Youtube and sets them down on its site (Not posted or submitted by myself)

VideoWired.com also does the same - without a single post from myself or my permission

Homeless Fart.com again, does the same as the above - no submission by myself

PC Hardware Information.com - Nothing ever submitted or posted by myself or with my permission

Also just for the record 2 of your links are exactly the same site :

Building my HTPC - Part 1: The Parts - Desi Video Network

and

htpc zalman hd503 hotswop dvd bluray player hdd ssd remote control xbmc xbox media centre usb port e-sata finger volume black lcd news bulletin date time music movies programs 500gb crucial c300 hd4850 radeon sapphire 3gb ddr3 asus p6t deluxe corsair

and again not submitted by me at all, they take videos from YouTube and put to their site...

Also just to unfortunately take away yet again a bit more bulk from your links you submitted here, there are 2 different videos from me in your list and surely not to be confused into 1???

Also I am very interested to know about the other 10 sites posted by me that you have found, this matter worries me, if you could let me know them i would be very grateful indeed.

I will not change the method I use to gather peoples opinions for my builds but thanks for your obvious concern, it is very useful for me and informative as you can well imagine.

Happy Christmas

Last edited by davidbrown303; December 20, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old February 28, 2011, 01:24 PM
Rookie

Default HTPC Corsair 6gb RAM Upgrade

Hi all, just a quick update on my HTPC build, I have recently upgraded my RAM from 3GB DDR3 Kingston to 6GB Corsair XMS3 and done a quick video review that may be of interest for some of you.

YouTube - HTPC Corsair XMS 6GB Ram Upgrade and Review

Thank you again guys...

Last edited by davidbrown303; February 28, 2011 at 01:35 PM.