Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2010, 09:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

WAIT

actually i would hold off on the dell. Read this page, How to: Build your own Gyration Media Center remote - Hack a Day they talk about it. it was originally sold with a dell model computer and dell rewrote the drivers differently then gyration and i thing you need another peice of hardware to run the dell remotes(or that what that big reciever thing is)

the gyrations just have a simple dongle. research the hell out of it if you consider the dell model, i dont want you to get trash with my reccomendation
Old December 14, 2010, 01:25 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I can't really find much on that remote so I think I'm just going to go with this,
NCIX.com - Buy Logitech Dinovo Mini MCE HTPC Wireless Keyboard Backlit Bluetooth 30FT Range LI-ION - 920-000595 In Canada.

And I bought the shell shocker deal wireless keyboard and mouse from newegg as well, was a great deal both for $28 bucks with free shipping. It will let me play around with windows 7 a bit as I've never used it before and am just planning to use it for my HTPC and want to go legit so I never need to worry about updates and all that.
Old December 19, 2010, 12:52 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Ok guys I'm sort of at a cross roads here, I don't know what to buy.

I wanted to buy this gigabyte 880gm because it already had HDMI outpu and the works, just less sata ports then I needed, which I already solved by purchasing a PCI Sata card and I can price match the board for $95 bucks. (Also will a pci card work in a pci express 4x slot?)
NCIX.com - Buy Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H AMD880G mATX AM3 DDR3 1PCIE CrossFireX DVI HDMI GBLAN SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - GA-880GMA-UD2H In Canada.

OR

I can get this board for $97 PLUS Free shipping and it already has enough sata ports that I need and has more then enough PCI slots for adding on, but I will need a low end graphics card for the HDMI port (Does sound still travel through a HDMI port on a graphics card?)
Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

What should I do?...Go mATX cause I want a nice clean case or full ATX to get all the slots I want without needing extras?

Also I don't really see these going on sale for boxing day so I sort of thought about buying them now instead of waiting :(

Last edited by Blu; December 19, 2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old December 24, 2010, 05:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ordered all the parts, should be all here within the next 2 weeks or so. The fan cable is going to take the longest to get here but oh well....excited to open my cpu though. hope I can unlock it to a quad :D
Old February 9, 2011, 04:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Ordered all the parts, should be all here within the next 2 weeks or so. The fan cable is going to take the longest to get here but oh well....excited to open my cpu though. hope I can unlock it to a quad :D
Blu, stop watching movies for moment and let us know how your setup went. Did you get quad unlocked? Did you have to change any components?

Sorry, I don't do well with cliff-hangers.