Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2010, 02:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Also Dangtx, how come with HD tune it shows the warning but in speed fan it doesn't, which one do you trust? :-/
Old December 12, 2010, 03:24 AM
Banned
F@H

k. hdtune. i saw an earlier version give it green while the latest a yellow. i rma'ed a couple weeks later, so the latest must be trusted over earlier..:) or speedfan.
Old December 12, 2010, 06:10 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It's just odd I have one program and another one with different results for the same drive,

:( Also, I'm starting to get the idea of getting a H50 for this HTPC if I plan on unlocking it haha...
Old December 12, 2010, 08:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post

Parts I plan to order:
Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H AMD880G mATX AM3 DDR3 1PCIE CrossFireX DVI HDMI GBLAN SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - 103.98
Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB 1X2GB DDR3-1333 240PIN DIMM Memory - 25.77
Six 2TB Drives and will manually duplicate data
Three 80mm blue LED fans
Blu-ray drive
Low profile hsf if someone can suggest one.
Logitech Harmony remote if I can justify $200 on one.
Sata cables

The reason I want this gigabyte board is cause I'm a gigabyte mobo fan and I love that it has auto unlock that will go hand in hand with this cpu, I have heard alot of people getting tri-quad cores out of the phenoms and hope to get the same. The ram here is just basic 2GB of ram, I plan to watch movies off my Mediasonic 4 Bay enclosure which I have four 2TB drives in already and thats it; while running either media browser or XBMC I won't be using this for anything else period. The reason I need the PCI sata card is cause I basically run out of sata ports here which reminds me to buy more sata cables! I'm sort of hoping to grab the rest of this build on boxing day and some other goodies. So what does my HTPC build look like so far for a budget build? Does it look ok or should I switch some parts around? I've never really thought about adding a HDTV TV Tuner either to the mix since I don't know how well XBMC or Media Browser support it yet...Thanks for any advice guys.

check out the gyration remote/air mouses. Bought my remote like 3 years ago, used all day every day(work from my pc) and i can honestly tell you that i never, ever plan on going back to a normal mouse. When this thing finally dies i will not hesitate to buy a new one. I even game with it though most find it tuff, air mouse and half a gamepad with xpadder is all i need or want. Its much easier to use when your sitting down with something to rest it on as a pivot point
Old December 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblazzwa View Post
check out the gyration remote/air mouses. Bought my remote like 3 years ago, used all day every day(work from my pc) and i can honestly tell you that i never, ever plan on going back to a normal mouse. When this thing finally dies i will not hesitate to buy a new one. I even game with it though most find it tuff, air mouse and half a gamepad with xpadder is all i need or want. Its much easier to use when your sitting down with something to rest it on as a pivot point
Is this what your talking about?
Media Center Remote
Old December 12, 2010, 10:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Is this what your talking about?
Media Center Remote

yeah, thats my remote. Use it also on my flatscreen and satelite as well . Remote can do everything except turn your pc on (can wake it up)

the only bad thing i can say about it is once in a while(usualy when batts are low) the cursors starts auto scrolling in a random direction and you need to set the remote down to recalabrate. when it first happended i thought my mouse was defective but it quickjly fix's when you set it down and rarely happens when your batt's are fresh other then that its probably the best electronic purchase i've made and i'm litterally shocked at how it still works 100% considering how i've beat it and dropped it. its awesome for a pc hooked up to your TV.
Old December 13, 2010, 08:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

This sucks, I can't seem to find it on anysite that has it for sale it's all out of date everywhere. I think I found one on ebay but the description seems a little off.
New Gyration Air Music Remote with MotionSense Kit on eBay.ca (item 370459390905 end time 23-Dec-10 03:37:44 EST)
Old December 13, 2010, 09:33 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
This sucks, I can't seem to find it on anysite that has it for sale it's all out of date everywhere. I think I found one on ebay but the description seems a little off.
New Gyration Air Music Remote with MotionSense Kit on eBay.ca (item 370459390905 end time 23-Dec-10 03:37:44 EST)

thats the lcd model, i cant speak for it because i've never used it but i beleive it does everything my remote does plus an LCD. It appears on that ebay page that the remote also takes 4AAA while my remote takes 2 AA(get a rechargables if you get). its also probably pretty long though with that extra screen on it, my remote is quite long without it

i also see that dell/gyration remote on ebay(a whole bunch) thats much cheaper and claims to be the same model. Many of these seem to be referbrished though so maybe they were a defective model.
Old December 13, 2010, 09:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Did Dell buy them out or something?

NEW DELL/GYRATION LCD REMOTE+USB RF DONGLE+RECEIVER MCE on eBay.ca (item 330504121899 end time 13-Dec-10 15:31:23 EST)

Found a brand new one that's not a refurb.
Old December 13, 2010, 10:24 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Did Dell buy them out or something?

NEW DELL/GYRATION LCD REMOTE+USB RF DONGLE+RECEIVER MCE on eBay.ca (item 330504121899 end time 13-Dec-10 15:31:23 EST)

Found a brand new one that's not a refurb.

i have no idea man, i've only seen these on ebay. says dell co developed this model on the ebay page. Appears to similar enough, i see two buttoms in a slightly different spot then the gyration models(around keypad), it might be a little shorter then the lcd gyration. It also only apppears to have range of 30 feet while the gyration is rated for 100 though who needs more than 30.

also note that i've never seen ebay page with the dell model with the screen showing working, maybe the lcd is different or not. mine also only came with the remote and a dongle in a box albeit, i dont know what that other receiver thing is.
might be worth it specially cause its a make me an offer auction, i would maybe just google these dell models to make sure they dont have horiible reviews or something. If they function just like the gyration then i would say go for it, i might even buy another one myself just so i dont go through withdrawls when mine finally bites it(nothing lasts forever)