Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
Allstar

Default I need a software for listen my movies

Ok so I lost my CD of hauppauge that come with my 1250 card, I want to reinstall winTV and they ask for the original cd , and they want $ 10 for ship me a new one, i twill take a wild, so I just one something to listen the movies I recorded in my PVR, so what software I can use with my 1250, something simple, something I can also record on my HD to free some space on my PVR
Old October 22, 2010, 01:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You could have just downloaded the files your needed free from hauppauge's website: Support for WinTV-HVR-1250 . Manufacturers will charge you an arm and a leg to ship you a new cd as it costs them time and effort whereas you go to their website and can download the drivers hassle free and up to date for no cost as long as you have the hardware
Old October 22, 2010, 01:25 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
You could have just downloaded the files your needed free from hauppauge's website: Support for WinTV-HVR-1250 .
it' what I did, before ask here , I download the software and it ask me for a cd

"
WinTV version 7 application and driver

WinTV v7 version 2.2b

This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV v7 application and utilities.
Installation notes:

A valid WinTV application CD-ROM will be needed to install this WinTV v7 version. Any WinTV v6 or WinTV 7 application CD can be used during the install. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v7, you can purchase a new CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95
Old October 24, 2010, 09:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I remember that there is a way to trick the installer. You need to put it on a usb key and create a certain folder. I don't remember the details but there was a discussion about it on RedFlagDeals when a hauppage receiver was at 15$. I'll try to look for it.
Old October 24, 2010, 09:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/nero-...9/#post9779613

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieG View Post
Here is how you bypass the stupid CD check:
  • take a USB flash drive
  • change the volume label to HCW4_2
  • create folder smd in the root of the flash drive
  • create file hcwsmd05.exe in the smd folder
  • choose that drive as your CD drive

I hate stuff like this.:mad:
Old October 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
Allstar

what it's just a cd check, what kind of basturge is that, if we have their card, why the need to spend $ 10 and wait 2 weeks for a lost cd,

I gone give a try later .....

Last edited by botat29; October 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old October 24, 2010, 04:33 PM
Allstar

Not working the USB drive... they make some change I guess, I foundthe cd finaly, so it's up and runing. thanks for the help