Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Will this setup work?

Greetings all. I've googled a fair bit and can't find the answers I'm looking for. As xmas approaches, I'll be buying an lcd tv. It will be either the Samsung 46" C610 or the C630. I'll also be purchasing the Asus WiCast providing it will do what I want it to. My plan is to connect my pc to tv using the WiCast through an hdmi on my tv. My PC will be about 18'-20' away from my tv and it can't be relocated. Now here's where I'm not sure things will go my way. My 5.1 receiver has no HDMI inputs or outputs but it does have an optical in and a coax in.

I was wondering if WiCast will send all of my pc audio (games, music, etc.) to my tv and then send the audio from the tv optical out to my receiver's optical in.

Also, if I connect my Roger's HD box to my tv via hdmi, will it send that audio to my receiver through the tv's optical out? If this is the case, will my receiver be able to distinguish the two audio signals from the two hdmi sources (pc and roger's box)? I'm thinking if I have only one audio source (roger's box or pc) powered up at a time, I shouldn't have any problems.
What do you all think? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old October 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess nobody has had the chance to test this out yet.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)