Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Can't get spdif out on ga-ma78lm-s2h

I trying to get the spdif going and can't find anywhere to enable it or select it as the default output device. I can only select realtek HD audio for output.... oddly I do have a spdif option but for input only. The manual is no use, and the screen shots they have is different then what I'm looking at anyway. Any ideas?
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old July 4, 2010, 05:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Strange, my son has a board with Realtek and the digital output (optical) option shows up under both the Windows and Realtek control panels? I'm assuming you have the most recent driver from the Realtek website.
Old July 4, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've got the latest drivers from GB, I didn't try getting drivers from realtek but I get an error when I try to download from their site right now. BTW What are you using for an adapter to the header on the mobo?
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old July 4, 2010, 06:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
I've got the latest drivers from GB, I didn't try getting drivers from realtek but I get an error when I try to download from their site right now. BTW What are you using for an adapter to the header on the mobo?
My son's board is an Intel chipset just to make that clear, I don't have any thing plugged in to the header on the board as there is already an spdif jack on the I/O panel. In the Realtek and Windows audio panels there are 2 digital out's one marked optical, I'm guessing the other one is for the header on the board.
The Realtek HD Audio output option your getting is IMO for the HDMI output as I think the HD 3200 has a built sound codec.

PS. I remembered guys having problems with AMD video cards and on-board Realtek codec, because the AMD cards have it's own Realtek codec (Realtek HD Audio), basically the drivers which are not the same would interfere with each other so one of the 2 would have to be disabled.
Now I'm not sure how it works on your board, are they using the codec in the HD3200 or is there another one for the spdif? Need someone with more knowledge of AMD boards.

Last edited by TopDogZero; July 4, 2010 at 06:45 PM.