Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HTPC Systems & Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/)
-   -   LG BD350 and MKV to Mp4? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/31440-lg-bd350-mkv-mp4.html)

mattlef April 26, 2010 05:47 PM

LG BD350 and MKV to Mp4?

Well, I decided to go out and get one of these. On sale at Futureshop so i thought what the hell.... its decently cheap and it says it supports mp4. Some people are able to get mkv files to work.... I alas, could not. So, i'm currently in the process of encoding my mkv's into mp4's with handbrake.

Does anyone know any other faster program?

I'll do a review on it later.... but i want to make sure that all my files transfer over first.... you know... priorities ;) lol

vulcan500rider April 27, 2010 09:46 PM

How long does handbrake take for a reencode? I've been using ripbot, and it's PAINFULLY slow--like 8 hours for a 2 1/2 hour movie...

lowfat April 28, 2010 08:19 AM

There is no need to re encode them. All you need to do is remux them.

YAMB - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com
and MKVExtractGUI & MKVE Wizard - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com

Use MKVExtract to demux the streams than the YAMB to remux them in to the mp4 container.

mattlef April 28, 2010 11:46 AM

the vast majority I believe i'll have to re-encode regardless...
the audio for these mkv files are DTS, and from what i know.... mp4 container needs aac correct?

--- edit ----
This is PS3 compatible too for all those who have a ps3.

I extracted the h264 and dts files from the mkv, and remuxed using tsMuxer as a *.m2ts file
Works like a charm.

vanessa.taylor23 August 21, 2011 08:32 PM

I have tried half a dozen MKV converters, either completely fail or generate a choppy unwatchable video, I have to ask here where I can get a speedy and high - quality converter? I want to convert mkvs to mp4s. Thanks.

supaflyx3 August 21, 2011 08:37 PM

handbrake

vulcan500rider August 22, 2011 10:13 AM

Whoa...bit of a thread resurrection.

Since I first posted in here, I've been through a number of programs, but MKV2VOB is by far the fastest I've come across; I can remux from MKV->MP4 in a matter of minutes, and be watching the new file on my PS3 as soon as I get a snack and make it to the couch. Great program, and has the option of remuxing the audio, or not, include subtitles, etc. Highly recommended.

cliffadamson83 August 24, 2011 06:13 PM

i just come across the same problem as you B4. and i google a lot then found an ojosoft converter. i just try its free trial and deeply impressed by its simple and preset parameters. so i bought it. i found it's faster than the other ones that i tried. personally i lv it. You can download the trial version to see if it works on your system. :biggrin:

Prolab August 24, 2011 09:49 PM

Try Freemake Video converter.

Works well for me. It converted my 1080p .MKV movies to any format you want. And can also pick whichever output you want (720p, .AVI, .MP4, etc).

It took a 1080p .MKV movie i have and converted it into .MP4 within the hour using my AMD 965.