Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HTPC Systems & Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/)
-   -   HDMI video card (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/28380-hdmi-video-card.html)

Sui January 30, 2010 12:27 PM

HDMI video card
 
what is the best PCI-E quiet (fanless) video card that has HDMI port? Low profile isn't a must.

Thx!

JD January 30, 2010 03:23 PM

HD4350 :thumb:

Xapoc January 31, 2010 07:25 AM

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Video Cards & Video Devices,Desktop Graphics / Video Cards,Fanless,1 x HDMI

I made the list from highest to lowest price as there are better cards at the higher price end. You can still look through the list to see what you like.

biff February 8, 2010 08:38 AM

Sapphire made a passive HD4670 that I have. I recall it was hard to find though.

lowfat February 8, 2010 08:41 AM

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR SCS3 AX5750 1GBD5-S3DH Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

It will even bitstream HD audio.

Caldezar February 8, 2010 11:07 AM

Best for what? If you're looking at gaming a bit as well as movies and every day use, then I agree with lowfat; the 5750 is a decent choice. If you're only looking at surfing the web, flash gaming and watching movies, then save your money and get a 5450 for $50 - $60.

Sui February 13, 2010 09:22 AM

Thx to all... is it true for those Nvidia GPU w/ HDMI requires S/PDIF cable to connect to the motherboard? ATi does not need to do this.

lowfat February 13, 2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sui (Post 333270)
Thx to all... is it true for those Nvidia GPU w/ HDMI requires S/PDIF cable to connect to the motherboard? ATi does not need to do this.

Correct. I really hope next generation Nvidia cards fix this.


EDIT: And even then it isn't lossless audio. It is just normal SPDIF.

Sui February 13, 2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 333272)
Correct. I really hope next generation Nvidia cards fix this.


EDIT: And even then it isn't lossless audio. It is just normal SPDIF.

if I am going to get a nVidia HDMI GPU, I'd have to ensure my mobo has S/PDIF out if I wanted to have HDMI to output both video & audio, correct? And if my mobo does not the S/PDIF out that means I would need to seek another media to output auio?

lowfat February 13, 2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sui (Post 333282)
if I am going to get a nVidia HDMI GPU, I'd have to ensure my mobo has S/PDIF out if I wanted to have HDMI to output both video & audio, correct? And if my mobo does not the S/PDIF out that means I would need to seek another media to output auio?

Correct. But damn near every motherboard has an SPDIF header on the board somewhere.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 AM.