Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2010, 07:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
For file renaming and content management I use Ember media manager for my movies, it scrapes from IMDB, and various other sources. You can pick and choose your fanart, posters, and all the imdb info. It does a great job of finding high quality images for the fanart. You can manage all your blue ray rips, and even set it to automatically update your XBMC setup, with any new movies. They are supposed to be adding TV support, but nothing as of yet.

For renaming TV shows to the proper format I use a program called TVRename. It's similar to Ember, as it allows you to add all the season and episode info to nfo files, all of which work with XBMC. And being able to batch rename everything saves so much time. It also compares your files to the actual episode/season info, and will tell you if you are missing episodes, or if they do not follow the proper aired order.
Have any 'tutorial' in how to use tvrenamer, so far its not doing anything even if i point it to the right folder.

And i guess same goes with ember...

Last edited by Arinoth; July 4, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old July 4, 2010, 10:35 PM

My System Specs

BTW Ember has TV support. Of course I learn this AFTER i spend 3 hours w/ TVRenamer. It is far superior too.
Old July 5, 2010, 08:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't been able to figure out how to get ember to behave with my tv shows, no problems with my movies.
Old July 5, 2010, 09:40 AM

My System Specs

It is no different for TV Shows. The first time you fire up Ember it asks for your movies, then your TV Shows. I haven't figured out how to add a library afterward though. Which is pretty lame.
Old July 5, 2010, 02:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That i did figure out, you need to make each 'directory' recursive, it will search/find new movies\tv shows added to it.
Old July 5, 2010, 02:46 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
That i did figure out, you need to make each 'directory' recursive, it will search/find new movies\tv shows added to it.
What I meant was if I wanted to add another folder. Lets say I added E:\Movies and I wanted to add D:\Movies. I ended up just erasing Ember, then reinstalling.
Old July 5, 2010, 02:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh there is a way to do that i believe, add it as a source, but i also do a clear all caches and clean database as well.
Old July 11, 2010, 09:08 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the guide!
Old December 20, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My tv card is starting to crap out so I am wondering what is a good remote to buy so that I can start up XBMC and access my video files ?
Old December 20, 2010, 05:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just installed XBMC last night, that was absolutely painless.... scraper found and loaded up the movie folder and the remote worked right away.

Shadowmeph: I don't believe you have much choice. I think NCIX only has one or two remotes to buy....