Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2009, 10:44 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLg View Post
Ever tried with Reservoirdogs blu-ray. I get an error saving the dts track in flac. but it works if I save it in ac3. Note, it worked flawlessly with other blu-rays. Also, for your encoding section, if I already have mix the audio and video and deleted the individual tracks am I screwed lol? I've just realised my Black hawk down is way to big.
Post the error you received w/ reservoir dogs.

If you already muxed the audio and video tracks you should still be able to encode it. Ripbot264 can demux it. It will just take a bit longer.
Old December 4, 2009, 10:56 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Like 4 days, ahah will it remix it after? Well as the error, it is really weird. I don't get an error from th gui, the problem is when I try to play the track, After mixing I don't have any sound. When I look at the log, it looks to be ok. but I'll post the log later tonight when I get home.
Old December 4, 2009, 11:04 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLg View Post
Like 4 days, ahah will it remix it after? Well as the error, it is really weird. I don't get an error from th gui, the problem is when I try to play the track, After mixing I don't have any sound. When I look at the log, it looks to be ok. but I'll post the log later tonight when I get home.
Yes after it is done encoding it should remux it.

I assume you are using Vista/7? Have you installed Reclock? Reservoir Dogs has a 6.1 soundtrack and w/o having Reclock installed you will not get any sound. It took me months to figure out that issue.
Old December 4, 2009, 11:40 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I believe I do but I will verify. thank you for the reminder
Old December 4, 2009, 04:13 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

ok here is the log,

eac3to v3.17
command line: "C:\BDRIP\eac3to317\eac3to.exe" "C:\Users\Main\Videos\22519413_RESERVOIR_DOGS\ " 1) 3: "D:\High Def_mkv\testflacreservoir.flac"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 3 subtitle tracks, 1:39:08, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 16 chapters
2: MPEG2, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Hi-Res, English, 6.1 channels, 24 bits, 3039kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS-ES, 6.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB)
4: AC3 EX, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
7: Subtitle (PGS), English
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a03] Removing DTS dialog normalization...
[a03] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a03] Creating file "D:\High Def_mkv\testflacreservoir.flac"...
Video track 2 contains 142607 frames.
eac3to processing took 14 minutes, 57 seconds.
Done.
-----------------------------------------

to me it looks alright. I beliec we've found something. I reinstalled redlock and didn't get any error but when I launch a media player it doesn't start. Could it be related to my sound card/driver. Sound max. the maximus mb sound card. I have a striker pci card I will try.
Old December 4, 2009, 05:37 PM

My System Specs

Download GraphEdit. GraphEdit | Software - Digital Digest

Drag .mkv of the movie in to GraphEdit and see what it shows.
It should look similar to this.

Also go in to the ReClock Configuration. Advanced Settings. Near the bottom there is a drop down box, select your media player and select Load always. When you open a media player for the first time after ReClock is installed a dialogue box will pop up, you have to make sure you select 'Load always'.

Are you even using a 6.1/7.1 sound setup? If not there is a much easier fix than all this. If you are using Media Player Classic or MPC-HC. Go to options, externasl Filters. Add Filter... Then add madFlac Decoder. Now you should see madFlac Decoder in the list there. Double click it to get to the filter properties. Click the box that says 'limit output to max 5.1 channels'.

If you don't have MPC installed than you are going to need a different program to get to the filter properties. Radlight Filter Manager

Open the program, click DirectShow Filters, scroll down to madFlac Decoder, click the property page. Click the box that says 'limit output to max 5.1 channels'.

Either of this should work.
Old December 17, 2009, 01:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

hello,
first sorry for the late reply,I was out of town for few days and I couldn't use the tool.
ok so here is what I've got

1. No I don't use a 7.1 sound system
2. in reclock/ advance settings I don't see any drop down menu.

Funny thing, with the graphedit, you can play the the file, I tried with it and the sound was perfect.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:15 PM

My System Specs

Near the buttom where it says 'mplayerc' 'Load always' Make sure it says 'Load always' next to the media player you are using.

However if you aren't using 7.1 then you can just limit madFlac to 5.1. It is likely the easier route.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:35 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Alright, I think I not using the same version as you are, but I got my version from one of your link, I'll try to redownload it.
Can you tell me why I have ffdshow and you have madflac, is there any problem with that.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:43 PM

My System Specs

If you ripping your audio as a flac soundtrack you need madflac for it to play it properly. Every other codec out there including ffdshow downsamples all flac to 16-bit.