Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2011, 06:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lowfat do you use a program like tortoise to upgrade the builds?

I finally am able to get my remote to work in the XBMC I had to block this line ";GRNPOWER={run(C:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe)} " and and then underit add in "GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~2\XBMC\XBMC.exe -fs -p)}{sleep(2000)}{findwnd(,xbmc)}{fgnwnd()} " which works so that I can start the XBMC, but most of the time when I try to shut it down, it lags and I have to load up the task manager via crtl alt del to kill it so that it will shut down.
the only other thing now ( besides the turning the XBMC software so I can access my pc) , is that it is so different the the win7 mc. since I have my OS installed on my SSD I have to put all of my video files onto seperate drives, with the win7 mc all I needed to do to access then was put shortcuts into the video file library , TV , Movies, and home movies Music. anyways I havn't figured out how to get this to work with the XBMC yet.
Old January 17, 2011, 06:45 PM

My System Specs

No. I am not just using the official Dharma release. It has been working flawlessly for me.
Old March 31, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just wanted to say that I have referred to this guide more times than I can count. Thank you lowfat for putting it together! To this day, this remains my favourite part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
This may take from 30 minutes to half an hour depending on how large the bluray movie is.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old March 31, 2011, 10:54 PM

My System Specs

I guess I should likely update this soon to use the official Dharma XMBC release. The host erased all my pics and unfortunately I don't have them saved. So I have to do almost the entire thing over again.

And yes I am not the best editor.
Old June 8, 2011, 12:14 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I guess I should likely update this soon to use the official Dharma XMBC release. The host erased all my pics and unfortunately I don't have them saved. So I have to do almost the entire thing over again.

And yes I am not the best editor.
Just found this guide, cant wait for the new release of it with the working pictures.

Any estimate time for the release?
Old July 12, 2011, 07:24 PM
Rookie

I discovered XBMC few months back and bought the Apple TV2 to install it on but found that 720p wasn't able to play smoothly. Just a heads up
Old July 15, 2011, 08:35 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_liu View Post
I discovered XBMC few months back and bought the Apple TV2 to install it on but found that 720p wasn't able to play smoothly. Just a heads up
Even the dual core A5 used in the iPad 2 can't play 720p perfectly.
Old December 6, 2011, 05:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

lowfat, did you happen to setup MPC-HC to do the auto refresh rate change to 23Hz for movies?

I am wondering because my TV has a bug with the 3:2 pulldown where sometimes it stutters on the odd frame (47LK520). Setting playback to the proper "23Hz" for 23.976 FPS prevents this from ever happening.

Right now I have XBMC's native player doing audio bitstream through optical, though when I fix everything up and get proper HDMI output for both video+audio I'll need to use MPC-HC for TrueHD/DTS-MA.

One thing that I noticed with MPC-HC is that when you have 23Hz or 24Hz there is an audio lag of approximately 150-200 ms which needs to be adjusted (not necessary when playing back with 60 Hz). I don't know if there is a way to automatically script the change.
Old December 6, 2011, 05:53 PM

My System Specs

I never touch refresh rates. I am not that hardcore. And honestly now I just use XBMC to play everything. I know I am not getting lossless audio at the moment. It is just that MPC-HC's interface sucks.
Old December 6, 2011, 07:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Noted. Check out this guy's guide on how to get it to bitstream DTS-MA and TrueHD: XBMC Community Forum - View Single Post - blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd

Also, XBMC Remote for Android is pretty slick. Have it installed on my Touchpad w/CM7 and it's works well given that it (XBMC remote app) was designed for phones and not tablets.