Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2008, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Worth it - Diamond TV Wonder 650?

NCIX.com - Buy Diamond TV Wonder 650 Theater PCI-E TV Tuner Card ATSC NTSC HDTV FM - TVW650PCIE In Canada.

Seems a tad pricey compared to the Hauppauge ones(though I've never had one of those that actually worked right)

Ideally I'd like to use it with XP Pro, as I still can't get Vista to behave for more than a half-hour.
Old October 23, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have this card. It's pretty nice. It uses Samsung Tuners which are pretty good. With that in mind you need to understand the following.

1. OTA HDTV support is really crappy in canada right now as the "broadcasters" are dragging their heels. How ever if you happen to live in the toronto are of the vancouver area though you can pickup alot of DTV stations from the US.

2. As such Media Centre, and Media Portal don't work properly. media centre won't see the atsc tuner and media portal only sees it as the NTSC tuner.

How ever the reception is excellent where i am even with a crappy wire antenna. The media centre software that comes with it is ok for tv watching. Also Sage TV works beautifully with it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me as i own the card.

Old November 17, 2008, 01:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have the ATI branded version of it and it works great. The one I bought did not come with the remote but I got the MS one and it does a good job of working with Vista WMC.