Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2008, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Default Help with ATI TV config

Hi, the picture from my ATI tv tuner is blurry do anyone know how to fix it? There is an app in my control panel called ATI TV config. I read online that you can use it to clear up the picture do anyone know what settings I should use to do that? (See link for pictures of the settings in that control panel app.) The card is a Diamond TV Wonder 650

Attached Images

Old September 27, 2008, 09:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think using noise reduction would make it even more blurry since to remove noise, it blurs the image.

Might want to look at the comb filter settings instead I'd think.

Could you post some screenshots of TV shows too? Might help others figure out what's causing it.
Old September 28, 2008, 06:26 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

You may also want to check your de-interlacing settings. They can cause extra noise/blurriness if not set correctly - try the "default" settings first.
Old September 28, 2008, 10:46 AM
Banned
F@H

Welcome to a low-res image on a high-res screen! You need resolution scaling, not noise filtering!!
Old September 28, 2008, 05:10 PM
Allstar

I always found the ATI TV application to be a bit sketchy anyway. I also found much betetr TV applications out there. The KM player is a great TV player if your good at configuration....
Old September 28, 2008, 07:24 PM
Rookie

I am new at this so how so I get a screenshots of TV shows? when I try the screen appears black
How do I get resolution scaling?
Quote:
The KM player is a great TV player if your good at configuration....
What do you mean by that?
Old September 28, 2008, 11:14 PM
Allstar

Just that it can be tricky to configure depending on the hardware your using and if your using more then one tuner or video capture device.
Old September 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
Rookie

Oh ok thanks, my uncle works for a Cable company and he said it could be due to the fact the same drop line is split between my tuner, and the cable modem for my internet. What do you all think about this being the cause?
Old September 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
Allstar

Mine is setup exactly the same. Before I built my new rig I was running two tuners and had Picture in Picture and had great picture and fast net speeds.

Get yourself the newest drivers for your tuner and try out KM player... If you need some help configuring post back.
There are other TV applications that are great also, VLC player, Chris TV..etc. Most of these types of tuners will require you to set them up manually though. No big deal once you understand what is what, it is quite easy.
Old September 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
Banned
F@H

The issue at hand is that the TV broadcast you are displaying is 320x240 or 720x480, and when displayed into a pc monitor, at say, 1860x1050, there just is not enough pixel info for a clear image. To overcome this, you need software that will "scale" the image and create that extra pixel info acccurately. Try some of Rob's suggestions, for me it's a matter of personal preference as to what you use.