Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > HTPC Systems & Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2008, 09:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow talk about coming back guns blazing.

Thats some nice gear you got there, nothing wrong with a bit of fresh air during the summer.

Hopefully those field critters have yielded some nice data for you to ponder over this winter with your new systems.

Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Hey there!

Three more days left in the field season and while I'm not really looking forward to spending the winter in the office, I am looking forward to getting back into living at home and obsessing about hardware again.

I've jumped into the fall with a vengeance- I just picked up a pair of 260 GTX 216s (they'll end up separated in two of my rigs) i got one for my main rig along with the EVGA 280 hydro copper water cooling block and a second for my HTPC to send high def video to my new Panasonic Viera 42" 1080p plasma (yes, I AM bragging).

I have tried the s/pdif internal hookup to loop the audio into the HDMI output of the video card, but the sound was really messed up so I ended up just running a separate COAX- If you really want to send sound through the saem cable, go ATI

I will post some pics of my setup during the weekend next week once things calm down for the fall/winter- and of course I will definitely see what kind of benchmarks I can run with the two cards set up on my NVidia mobo upstairs- I can't wait.
White Night:: i7920 (4ghz), Rampage III extreme (A1), Mushkin XP 1600 (9,9,9,24),SLI480., white MM horizon.
CPU: Feser 220 int.|Apogee GTZ|S.Res.rev2| MCP655.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old September 26, 2008, 01:29 PM

Welcome back....good to see you made it unscathed and had time to shop.
Intel e8400
Asus P5q pro
Mushkin Redline 4gb
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd
Old September 26, 2008, 01:48 PM

My System Specs

welcome back its been a long time