Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default EUE problem - G8800 GTX, 177.92 drivers and 6.2 GPU client

My wifes computer has a G8800 GTX and I tried to set up the client. It seemed to be running fine but it gave me the error too many EUE. The card is not overclocked, the temps were 60 - 62 with the fan set to 100% using Rivatuner. I was running the CPU client as well.

Any ideas how I can get this card to fold well? I set the wife up an account and I know the nvidia can fold like a bat out of hell... even with the high pitched screaming, pulsing, sound effects.

Vista 32, 177.92 drivers and the 6.2 GPU client.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old September 6, 2008, 09:27 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
My wifes computer has a G8800 GTX and I tried to set up the client. It seemed to be running fine but it gave me the error too many EUE. The card is not overclocked, the temps were 60 - 62 with the fan set to 100% using Rivatuner. I was running the CPU client as well.

Any ideas how I can get this card to fold well? I set the wife up an account and I know the nvidia can fold like a bat out of hell... even with the high pitched screaming, pulsing, sound effects.

Vista 32, 177.92 drivers and the 6.2 GPU client.
I've been trying to find an answer over at Folding Forum • View topic - More UNSTABLE MACHINE's..... In a situation similiar to yours they suggested:

The first things to look at are
1) Is your power supply providing enough power on the 12v rails to keep the GPU stable?
2) Which version of the CUDA drivers have you loaded?
3) How hot is your GPU getting?
4) Have you tried it with all overclocking settings reset to standard settings?

Reinstalling the Cuda 2 drivers solved the posters problem...

So try redoing your Cuda drivers, if that dosn't work let us know...

Old September 6, 2008, 10:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
I've been trying to find an answer over at Folding Forum • View topic - More UNSTABLE MACHINE's..... In a situation similiar to yours they suggested:

The first things to look at are
1) Is your power supply providing enough power on the 12v rails to keep the GPU stable?
2) Which version of the CUDA drivers have you loaded?
3) How hot is your GPU getting?
4) Have you tried it with all overclocking settings reset to standard settings?

Reinstalling the Cuda 2 drivers solved the posters problem...

So try redoing your Cuda drivers, if that dosn't work let us know...
Thanks, I'll look at the drivers first and reinstall. The PSU is an Antec Neo 550 which should be more than fine. I am pretty sure the driver is the beta 177.92 but I will check. The CPU was folding at about 60-62. And no OC, so I'll try the drivers and throttle the GPU to about 50% for folding and see what happens.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old September 7, 2008, 09:40 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Don't throttle back - you need to compare before and after re-installing the CUDA drivers.