Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default New nVidia Drivers + Latest F@H= Bingo!

Hey guys!

I've just downloaded the new nVidia 177.79 drivers(XP-32bit) / 177.79(Vista-32bit) and the latest high performance clients, Windows XP/2003/Vista
CPU System tray 6.20
and XP/2003/Vista GPU System tray 6.20 and installed all of this on a fresh install of Vista!

I was tired of the 100% CPU usage in XP, while using both clients, therefore I switched to Vista and I must say: IT'S LOOKING GOOD! Not only did my CPU usage drop to 60% but my PPD went up by 1200 points or so.

Oh just so everyone has something to compare, some 24/7 system specs:
C2D E 6850 @ 3.0GHz, 8800GTS 640 @ 654/1728/864, 2Gb Ballistix @ 533MHz, Vista Ultimate.

PPD on GPU: 5184
PPD on CPU: 148

Any comments?

Last edited by Prof. Dr. Silver; August 2, 2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Fixed the DL
Old August 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
MVP
F@H

This makes life easier for me since I just did a clean install. Now I don't have to track down that modded .inf anymore. I've had my client down for a few days now, I've gotta get it back up with these drivers. I just wish a gpu client existed for linux.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12

Last edited by Mibs; August 1, 2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old August 1, 2008, 05:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

There's a newer GPU 6.20 beta on this page:

Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
Old August 1, 2008, 08:51 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Sounds like they have fixed a few of the issues I have been having. I will have to give them a try on my next set of days off.
Old August 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Ah... my wu just finished, new version is going in now.
Old August 2, 2008, 06:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well got my 8800gt folding last night, been away from the fold for awhile but considering the amount of power and heat that the GPU client draws compared to the CPU I think I'll be able to keep it up 24/7 for awhile.

Absolutely amazing the amount of PPD that the GPU provides compared to the CPU client.

Just realized that it's been over 5 year now since I have been folding, wow time flys.

Folding@home

EDIT: Okay so it doesn't want to transmit the WU's, the server isn't down, so how do I fix this on the GPU client?

Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; August 2, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old August 2, 2008, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Hahaha....LOL Supergrover, you've been around quite a bit ey? Nice folding work! What's the PPD you get on your 8800GT?
Old August 2, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Getting 4712 ppd on stock clocks 650/1650/1900 evga 8800gt SC.

Question what "flags" work with the GPU client? I know -delete works as it fixed the WU I had stuck in queue but do all the flags work in the GPU?

Silver I was folding before that on a different name for a few years, I remember when Tinkers first were released be about 01, I guess but dont fold near enough nowadays, then again we sure were not getting ppd like the GPU client gets.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old August 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Anybody else having problems sending in completed WUs ?
Maybe their server is down this weekend ...

I probably should have started a new thread for this question but I wasn't sure if it had something to do with this new GPU client or not.

Last edited by Shadowed; August 2, 2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old August 2, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
Anybody else having problems sending in completed WUs ?
Maybe their server is down this weekend ...
I had 1 that wouldnt submit, I just deleted it via flag after I checked the server stats.
Heres the link to if your server is down.
Folding@Home server status

Quote: