Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2007, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Angry Damn core 2 errored

Bloody all to hell 3 frames left to go in my WU and core2 throws a error.
My own fault thought, this rig is 32 hours Prime stable( Blend) but again F@H stress's things way more.
I usually Fold for stability but didn't until now on these settings.
Core 1 is still chomping along

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old April 9, 2007, 10:14 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Ouch.

Did it submit its results ok ... if so you will get partial credit.

Some errors (EUE or early unit end errors) are normal. some are due to instability of the hardware eg temps, OC memory error.

I have had rigs that will run orthos/p95 for hours but fold one of the stressfull wu''s and get an eue. The win smp client has a 2610 wu which is what i use to test with. Just save a wu like that after it downloads and you can run it again later on any smp capable rig to stress test with. I don't waste much time running multiple p95's (1 per core with affinity set) anymore ... just 30min - 1hour and then run a test wu. I am finding the quads are particulalry hard to get stable without the smp wu's to test with.

On the single core cpu, the 1495's or 2099? are pretty good.

If the wu was already turned in successfuly completed it doesn't really matter if the test wu turns in since it should be discarded by stanford but you should disable your lan while it it running ... otherwize it will download another wu if it eue's and you can end up trashing a lot of work unnessarily.
If a current wu is eue'ed it gets reassigned to multiple other rigs so they can validate that it is a eue due to the simulation, not due to hardware errors. so that would be a big waste of resources if the eue is caused by me testing an unstable overclock.

Last edited by pscout; April 10, 2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old April 10, 2007, 06:45 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Since you are running a c2d i assume 724? ... you would produce a lot more points running the win smp client instead of 2 single clients.

Not sure what your rig is and any OC, but as a guess, 2 single core clients probably produce 3-500 ppd depending on wu's and OC, and smp will produce at least double that. OC'ed probably ~ 1500 ppd =- depending on how much oc.

It would produce even more running native linux with the linux smp client although that is not too practical for most people on their main rig because of apps. although i was pleasantly suprised how much is bundled with ubuntu and how easy it was to set up on most of my rigs. Openoffice ~ ms office, music player, firefox.
Old April 10, 2007, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Did you upgrade to intel, SuperG?
Old April 10, 2007, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No the I meant Core#2 on my X-2 it was the one that threw the WU, shopuld have put a "#" up in the title.
Yes I am running 2 instances of the console

And heres the WU:

Protein: p3038_supervillin-03

And yeah I got dick smack for the early end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; April 10, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old April 10, 2007, 07:52 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Being an intel farmer here I saw core and assumed c2d

But your x2 would also produce more i am sure folding win smp.

You can complete current wu's without getting another by restarting the client with the -pause or -oneunit flags. If you are running as a service then just run it not as a service with those flags ... if you choose to switch to the smp client.

The only potential issue with the smp wu's is that one - the 2610? can use about 350 mb of memory. the other 2 current ones are 100-200 mb.

/edit ... what am I explaining switches to you for ... you wrote the FAQ ! ... well maybe someone else will learn from it :shrug:

Last edited by pscout; April 10, 2007 at 08:01 PM.