Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2008, 06:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
what cpu settings are you using for both clients?
100% for both. With Boinc paused, the GPU client uses 7-8% of CPU on my system. But I did enable the option that says something about "enable this to lower interference with other folding clients"
Old June 23, 2008, 04:25 PM

My System Specs

Is the client still working for other people or did i bork it up? I had to downgrade to the last WQHL drivers because of high-def movie playback issues, now it just sits @ "F@H: Results Successfully Sent'. It has been that way for 18 hours now.
Old June 23, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It screwed up for me the first day I installed it, so I uninstalled the drivers and GPU2 and installed the CUDA ones and it has worked perfectly since.
Old June 23, 2008, 05:06 PM

My System Specs

Well then no more folding for me until they release a CUDA driver that won't interfere with my HDDVD player.
Old June 23, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well you could use something other than the 177 drivers, I know I do.

Since the 177 drivers just will not install for me I am just using my 174.55 drivers and they work fine for folding. Now I know that I don't get the numbers that I would with the 177 ones but hey I do still get around 2650-3000PPD.

P.S. Finally got a WU worth more than 98 points for the GPU client. My current one is worth 479 points.

Old June 26, 2008, 01:17 AM

My System Specs

Finally up and running again, i sure hope the have their multi-gpu working soon. One of these cards is just sitting here.
Old June 26, 2008, 05:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Having trouble keeping folding going on both computers now. The gpu client has slowed right down on one and the smp client will send in a work unit then stall on the other. Looks like I will have to remove and install again with various drivers. My gaming performance has suffered also. Gotta find a setup that will work with everything so my rigs aren't so slow.
Old June 26, 2008, 09:27 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Having trouble keeping folding going on both computers now. The gpu client has slowed right down on one and the smp client will send in a work unit then stall on the other. Looks like I will have to remove and install again with various drivers. My gaming performance has suffered also. Gotta find a setup that will work with everything so my rigs aren't so slow.
Why not just pause the GPU client when you are about to game. Good luck with the drivers 177.35 are the only drivers I tried that are still available that work. I tried a good 4-5 driver sets too.
Old June 26, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Why not just pause the GPU client when you are about to game. Good luck with the drivers 177.35 are the only drivers I tried that are still available that work. I tried a good 4-5 driver sets too.
I did pause the gpu folding on the E3110 rig yesterday and for some reason it went into a hard lock (repeatedly) while playing CSS. I did some gaming while folding the day I installed the gpu folding client and everything still worked. Another thing I noticed was that my queu for finished units filled right up and the client suspended itself for 24 hours to deal with it.

I will check my overclocks again to ensure my machines are stable.
Old June 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Anybody know if the nvidia gpu client will run on Home Server?