Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2008, 08:48 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It is on the page I linked @ the bottom.
Old June 17, 2008, 09:22 PM

My System Specs

So i didn't have to install the cuda beta drivers, i am just using the last WHQL drivers (not the ones released today). Using a single 8800GT. Man this makes VNC move like a dog.
Old June 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So how do I get this to run on two cards at once? Or even better be able to assign which card it runs on.

Since when I'm in vista I have the SLI turned off and am only really using the second card for an additional monitor. So it would work great if it was running just on it.

Old June 18, 2008, 02:24 AM
MVP

Some more thoughts:

-Managed to get my 8800GTX upto 4200PPD with nothing major running.
It's now down to about 3000PPD with 2x SMPs at 75% at 3.37GHz on a Q6600.
The SMP clients haven't updated yet, so I can't post their PPD values.

-I still can't figure out how to find the GPU usage. Rivatuner doesn't show it, and neither does GPU-Z. Either that or I'm a noob and can't find it.

-The Display SUCKS. I've BSODed more times in the last 12 hours than I have in my life. (Unless I'm trying to CAUSE a BSOD) I've managed to crash 2 separate machines just by opening the Display.

-The GPU client eats CPUs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack. With nothing else major running, it was bogging down my machine.
Old June 18, 2008, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
So how do I get this to run on two cards at once? Or even better be able to assign which card it runs on.

Since when I'm in vista I have the SLI turned off and am only really using the second card for an additional monitor. So it would work great if it was running just on it.
SLI isn't supported by the client.
Old June 18, 2008, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_hawk View Post
Some more thoughts:

-Managed to get my 8800GTX upto 4200PPD with nothing major running.
How did you manage that? That is quite good for an 8800GTX all on its own.

Quote:
-I still can't figure out how to find the GPU usage. Rivatuner doesn't show it, and neither does GPU-Z. Either that or I'm a noob and can't find it.
For some reason the latest drivers I have used with Rivatuner do not show GPU usage. I have no idea why but it isn't a selectable option.

Quote:
-The Display SUCKS. I've BSODed more times in the last 12 hours than I have in my life. (Unless I'm trying to CAUSE a BSOD) I've managed to crash 2 separate machines just by opening the Display.
Are you running Vista? I'm wondering since I have not had one BSOD when using Vista x64 SP1.
Old June 18, 2008, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
SLI isn't supported by the client.
Well since SLI is not supported by the client, how can we dictate which card out of the two it runs on? Or can we at all?

Old June 18, 2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Well since SLI is not supported by the client, how can we dictate which card out of the two it runs on? Or can we at all?
I would think it runs on the primary card but according to my sources there will be dynamic SLI support added within the next 2-3 weeks.
Old June 18, 2008, 09:15 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

The viewer is unstable, and not recommended for use, as per this:Folding Forum • View topic - nVidia beta - 6.12 beta 6

Quote:
Known bugs: It's a beta, and yes we meant that, not like Google but like software engineers - expect glitches and updates. The main thing is that the viewer will not work, as we're in the middle of changing how the live coordinates get to the viewer.
Old June 18, 2008, 09:41 AM

That is very odd since I use the viewer without a problem. Then again, I am using the Nvidia BETA which was distributed to reviewers that only works on Vista.