Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2008, 01:57 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Folding with BOINC

well i suppose I should make a new thread for anyone who wishes to fold using the BOINC software app instead of the FaH app
Here is the link for Rosetta@Home Rosetta@home so you can dl the client and research the differences between using FaH and BOINC. The client installs easily and will automatically detect and use all cores of your pc with multiple folding projects. This client is so configurable you can set it to use whatever % of your HD/memory CPU time when to run and pause etc
And this is the link for the HW team HardwareCanucks total of 4 folders atm
Old May 13, 2008, 06:11 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'm that close of ditching F@H with so many bad WUs lately - and add an unstable client too. I've even dropped my oc back to stock, and bumped the Vcore and Vdimm one notch to be one the safe side... still, unstable.

Convince me, and your Team has one more Quad.
Old May 13, 2008, 07:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I'm that close of ditching F@H with so many bad WUs lately - and add an unstable client too. I've even dropped my oc back to stock, and bumped the Vcore and Vdimm one notch to be one the safe side... still, unstable.

Convince me, and your Team has one more Quad.
I thought it was my OC...... :)

I've had a ton of bad ones over the last month or so as well (hanging). I've always managed to complete them though so I thought it was me.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 13, 2008, 07:27 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Your OC? Nope, probably not. I'm surprised though that you managed to complete the WUs, since I couldn't in no way. The WU would error at 100%, then shut-down the Core, re-start the same unit and crash again at 100%. The only way to move forward is to delete the Work folder and the Queue file.

It happened about 10 times already (that's why you're catching up on me), as lately as this Sunday...
Old May 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

well with your Q6600 pushing 3.6ghz you will easily surpass me as I can't seem to get this Q6700 past 3.3ghz stable
The BOINC client takes about 3 minutes to dl and setup lol and you even get credit for unfinished or client error WU's
10 reasons by feet1st 10 reasons by tralala 10) Runs on Mac and Linux too. Everyone can help.
9) Winning CASP team, I like being a part of a winning team.
8) If your in to credits and on a team, the project is new enough it's not as hard to climb to the top spots.
7) Work always ready for download from top notch servers, no lost crunch time waiting for work.
6) Helpful message board community
5) Dr. Baker gives science updates personally.
4) Active and responsive project team.
3) Graphics help you understand how it works.
2) *I* control how long I want each work unit to run.
1) Compelling mission, technology that could basically wipe out disease as we know it!
10. You get credits even for failed Work Units!
9. Scientifically renowned project leader!
8. No outages - work always available!
7. Nice and active community!
6. User setable length of Work units!
5. Nice and responsive project team!
4. Detailed science updates and transparency what's done!
3. Competition in CASP7 with the winning team!
2. Potential live saving long-term-goals and concrete short-term-goals!
1. Cutting edge research
Old May 15, 2008, 11:17 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Darn it guys/gals...I just deleted all my Boinc stuff, but if we are going to Boinc around for a bit.....How do I transfere my existing points over to HC Boinc ?
Old May 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
MVP

One thing I love about Boinc is it supports multiple projects. You can add whichever project you like.

Old May 23, 2008, 08:11 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

hey just got back from my vacation in Osoyos and saw we've been a little busy
Thnx for helping with the BOINC team
Old May 30, 2008, 02:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

heya doods..not sure if we have any doodets :)

I was surfing the BOINCiverse and saw the top Canadian Team in 4th place so sent the admin a message. I was then contacted by them and I'll just repost his message

Quote:
Hey there Scratch!

Nice to here from more Canucks! Well I can tell you that Team Canada (the BOINC version) is doin' great and we have set up a team forum http://teamcanada.freeforums.org We have really been shooting up the rankings with the addition of new teammates from all over the BOINCiverse from many different teams, some real heavy hitters too (SysAdmins and generally techie folks)!

Seeing as the hardwarecanucks are just starting out with BOINC maybe you might consider joining our team? No pressure, just a thought. We are the Number One Canadian Team (Largest too! 8^D) and I dare say the most organized. We encourage members to participate in our "projects of the month" (POTM) where we vote for a project (or 4) to lend our support too en masse. With over 80+ BOINC projects (more all the time) we find it a good way to "spread the love" and educate our BOINCers about new projects and those that need a little help. SETI, Rosetta and Einstein (Folding as well) are very popular and don't need as much support as new and lesser known projects.

Funny you should message me as I have "Lurked" around your forum previously and even added a link to it on our forum some time ago! lol Us Canucks gotta stick together ya know!

Anyway, enough of my verbal diarrhea, hope to see you at our forum or around the BOINCiverse!

Cheers,
Pawly (Paul)
we only have us 4 active members so its up to yuou guys if you want to stay HWC or join Team Canada?
We have however jumped from 290 to 209 within 3 days so...lol
Old May 30, 2008, 03:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

5 active members. I switched my work machine over to BOINC because it kept getting these stupid 2665 projects from FaH, cut my PPD in half.

So I'll Boinc along for a bit.

Tags
boinc , folding , rosetta