Folding with BOINC
well i suppose I should make a new thread for anyone who wishes to fold using the BOINC software app instead of the FaH app
Here is the link for Rosetta@Home Rosetta@home so you can dl the client and research the differences between using FaH and BOINC. The client installs easily and will automatically detect and use all cores of your pc with multiple folding projects. This client is so configurable you can set it to use whatever % of your HD/memory CPU time when to run and pause etc
And this is the link for the HW team HardwareCanucks total of 4 folders atm :canadianwave:
I'm that close of ditching F@H with so many bad WUs lately - and add an unstable client too. I've even dropped my oc back to stock, and bumped the Vcore and Vdimm one notch to be one the safe side... still, unstable.
Convince me, and your Team has one more Quad.
I've had a ton of bad ones over the last month or so as well (hanging). I've always managed to complete them though so I thought it was me.
Your OC? Nope, probably not. I'm surprised though that you managed to complete the WUs, since I couldn't in no way. The WU would error at 100%, then shut-down the Core, re-start the same unit and crash again at 100%. The only way to move forward is to delete the Work folder and the Queue file.
It happened about 10 times already (that's why you're catching up on me), as lately as this Sunday...
well with your Q6600 pushing 3.6ghz you will easily surpass me as I can't seem to get this Q6700 past 3.3ghz stable
The BOINC client takes about 3 minutes to dl and setup lol and you even get credit for unfinished or client error WU's
10 reasons by feet1st 10 reasons by tralala 10) Runs on Mac and Linux too. Everyone can help.
9) Winning CASP team, I like being a part of a winning team.
8) If your in to credits and on a team, the project is new enough it's not as hard to climb to the top spots.
7) Work always ready for download from top notch servers, no lost crunch time waiting for work.
6) Helpful message board community
5) Dr. Baker gives science updates personally.
4) Active and responsive project team.
3) Graphics help you understand how it works.
2) *I* control how long I want each work unit to run.
1) Compelling mission, technology that could basically wipe out disease as we know it!
10. You get credits even for failed Work Units!
9. Scientifically renowned project leader!
8. No outages - work always available!
7. Nice and active community!
6. User setable length of Work units!
5. Nice and responsive project team!
4. Detailed science updates and transparency what's done!
3. Competition in CASP7 with the winning team!
2. Potential live saving long-term-goals and concrete short-term-goals!
1. Cutting edge research
Darn it guys/gals...I just deleted all my Boinc stuff, but if we are going to Boinc around for a bit.....How do I transfere my existing points over to HC Boinc ?
One thing I love about Boinc is it supports multiple projects. You can add whichever project you like.
hey just got back from my vacation in Osoyos and saw we've been a little busy
Thnx for helping with the BOINC team :canadianwave:
heya doods..not sure if we have any doodets :)
I was surfing the BOINCiverse and saw the top Canadian Team in 4th place so sent the admin a message. I was then contacted by them and I'll just repost his message
We have however jumped from 290 to 209 within 3 days so...lol
5 active members. I switched my work machine over to BOINC because it kept getting these stupid 2665 projects from FaH, cut my PPD in half.
So I'll Boinc along for a bit.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 AM.|