Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2008, 07:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

I have mine installed as an application, on doing a restart this morning
it seemed to have picked up its project right where it left off.
Seems to confirm that you don’t need to install as a service.
Old July 9, 2008, 05:31 PM
Rookie

Hey there!! Pawly here with my first post so I can post my second post!!
Old July 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
Rookie

Hey there Folks! Just thought I would say hi and maybe drop some links and info for ya. First off, welcome to the BOINCiverse!! lol Like the real Universe, we are expanding rapidly and in all directions! Medical Sciences are just one facet of research that BOINC helps with. Mathematics, Astrophysics, Computer Tech and Bio Tech all benefit from the BOINC platform and from our contribution as Crunchers (Folders fold, BOINCers Crunch! lol)

Here is the link for the Unofficial BOINC Wiki Main Page - Unofficial BOINC Wiki Very Helpful

There are many sites that have auto updating Sigs for BOINCers. Here is your Team Stats Signature from BOINCstats

BOINCStats also provides a tool called BAM BOINCstats - BOINC Statistics / BAM! - BOINC Account Manager You can read more about it at that link. Great for folks running BOINC on multiple computers.

Currently there is one (YES only one! ) Canadian BOINC Project but its a DOOZY!! Artificial Intelligence System
Artificial Intelligence (AKA - A.I. or Intelligence Realm) is working on simulating or rather reverse engineering the human brain. Fascinating Stuff!

If there is anything Team Canada can do to help you guys (answer questions, provide links etc.) please don't hesitate to ask! Stop by our forum and browse around, we'd be happy to help!

Keep on Crunchin'!!
Pawly
Old July 9, 2008, 05:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

reverse engineer the human brain? hell, an ordinary kitchen blender can do that!
Old July 9, 2008, 05:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
reverse engineer the human brain? hell, an ordinary kitchen blender can do that!
LOL And my Dry Cleaner can fold really fast too!
Old July 9, 2008, 09:59 PM
Allstar

can this BOINC agent work in a load balancing scheme?Like what im thinking is if it can, than maybe like create a server farm for pure crunching like on a whole stack of old p1 to p3's that would otherwise be trashed.
Old July 9, 2008, 10:34 PM
MVP
F@H

Hey thanks for the info Pawl, and the team stats sig too! Very cool.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12
Old July 10, 2008, 05:12 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer-[X] View Post
can this BOINC agent work in a load balancing scheme?Like what im thinking is if it can, than maybe like create a server farm for pure crunching like on a whole stack of old p1 to p3's that would otherwise be trashed.
Not too sure about a load balancing scheme but I can tell you that lots of folks run farms with BOINC. There is no limit how many cores can be attached to your account. They don't even need to be in the same city as long as they are set up via your account. This is where that BAM tool comes in handy, remote access. As for running servers, no problem. Folks run BOINC on Desktops, Lappies, Servers and even PS3's with Linux installed. In fact, PS3GRID is a project that is specifically dedicated to PS3 Crunchers, they are studying Molecular Dynamics.

Hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibs View Post
Hey thanks for the info Pawl, and the team stats sig too! Very cool.
Happy to help!!
Old July 10, 2008, 01:33 PM
MVP
F@H

Hey guys, we cracked the top 500 teams.

I'm going away until Sunday, so my rig will be shut down the whole time. I'll get it up and running as soon as I get back.
Old July 10, 2008, 02:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

yep we're doing well on BOINC and with the new NVidea GPU client we're kickin some serious butt on FaH also

btw nice to see you on the forum pawli

Tags
boinc , folding , rosetta