Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25, 2014, 03:57 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default FAHBench

Hi guys, I've been looking into getting back into the folding habit (now that the weather is getting cooler) and I want to overclock my GPU but I want to make sure it's completely stable and won't fudge up any folding results either. So I was excited to find there was an official benchmarking program that uses the same WU calculations.

The official site as linked in F@H's blog posts is down now, and it seems to only be on GitHub as source code. Sadly, I haven't got a lick of programming knowhow so I don't know to compile it. Can anyone help me out? I'm sure it'd be useful for many other people besides...

Links:
https://folding.stanford.edu/home/fa...-for-your-gpu/
https://github.com/SimTk/fahbench
Old September 26, 2014, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fah bench means absolutely nothing to real life folding, as (always) there are a lot of issues to be ironed out. What is the gpu that you want to fold with? That GTX from your signature? If yes, then I would recommend you use the Fah GPU tracker V2, it will give you the most PPD on that card, the new clients tend to assign units that are difficult to complete on Fermi, especially Core 18. Most stable and worry free hardware right now are the AMD cards, the GCN generation. A Radeon 7970 clocked at 1 GHz will give you around 140k PPD. Nvidia card are in a bit of a trouble right now, seems some assigning issues, TITAN owners seem to get about the same PPD as a 7970. But the new cards, the gtx 980 and 970 seem to get a phenomenal amount like 300k PPD!
Old September 28, 2014, 01:48 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, I was intending to use my listed 560Ti but I actually gave up overclocking this card because I could only push it a little past it's factory overclock. I will definitely take a look at Fah GPU Tracker. Thanks!