Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2013, 06:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Any thoughts on amd gpu's folding (5000 and 6000 series) from within Linux? Bitcoin mining on gpu's may have (it's worth while) days numbered, and I was wondering about eventually repurposing them (19 gpu's) to f@h. I'm not gonna go out and get a bunch of windows licenses so Linux is a must. USB key sized implementations prefered since that's what they're running on now and I don't want to get a bunch of are drives either.....

Thoughts?

Have an A-1 day!
Old March 2, 2013, 06:31 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Ouch.

Negative. No GPU Client for 'nix yet.
Old March 2, 2013, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Even if there was, AMD drivers + Linux = early grave.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old March 3, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Any thoughts on amd gpu's folding (5000 and 6000 series) from within Linux? Bitcoin mining on gpu's may have (it's worth while) days numbered, and I was wondering about eventually repurposing them (19 gpu's) to f@h. I'm not gonna go out and get a bunch of windows licenses so Linux is a must. USB key sized implementations prefered since that's what they're running on now and I don't want to get a bunch of are drives either.....

Thoughts?
You can reuse one Windows key like 10 times... I have the same key installed on all of my computers. Formatted multiple times. But that was over the course of 2 to 3 years..