Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   gtx 295 folding estimated PPD won't show? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/57673-gtx-295-folding-estimated-ppd-wont-show.html)

blueem2 November 3, 2012 12:07 PM

gtx 295 folding estimated PPD won't show?

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. I'm estimating the PPD to be ~ 17000 but the estimated PPD isn't showing up anywhere on the client and HFM monitor isn't seeing it either.

LoTech November 3, 2012 12:16 PM

Have you tested the card? Does it run games? You can try to download evga's precision x and see if the card stress tests ok. I recently had a 560ti 448 core that appeared to work but wasn't able to run games or F@H. The desktop and some internet sites were working ok, but not 3D applications such as in games. Does the card register in the folding client ok? Such as the folding slots, does it show as a Geforce GTX 295? Good luck.

supaflyx3 November 3, 2012 12:19 PM

How long have you ran FAH? It takes a few minutes to calculate a PPD.

blueem2 November 3, 2012 12:57 PM

I'm using precision x, and the card registers fine on both gpus. It folds properly and is finishing work units but the estimate still does not come up. I've been running it for 10 hours.I'm Perry sure I'm getting the points a well and I've restated the PC a few times. Hfm picked up the ppd on one core art 8000 but the other won't register. Sorry for odd writing I'm on my cell

LoTech November 3, 2012 01:22 PM

Well I am not sure why it doesn't show up then. And you say the card registers in the folding slots? I guess if you know your PPD for the cpu then just subtract out and get the PPD for the gtx295. Weird though, I have never had that on V7. I occasionally get UNKNOWN for all 4 info lines but that usually goes away in a bit.

great_big_abyss November 3, 2012 05:47 PM

I have this problem, too. For some reason, v7 won't recognize the Wu's points and do the calculation. But, rest assured, you're Still getting points added to your profile. Just give it a few days then use eoc and subtract the points of your other slots to figure our what you're 295 is doing.

blueem2 November 3, 2012 06:47 PM

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'm definitely getting my points so I'm not concerned about it for now. Just like things working ass they should. The card is overclocked and seems to be doing at or near 20k ppd. Maybe it has something to do with the work unit 5177.

Gafanden November 3, 2012 07:04 PM

Just for your reassurance, my estimated PPD doesn't work for my 8800 GT in v7 either, but I still get points.

MARSTG November 3, 2012 07:16 PM

Use fah gpu tracker for the GPU folding and you will have no issues. Keep the V7 client for the SMP alone if you want.

blueem2 November 3, 2012 07:53 PM

Excellent idea. I don't even fold the smp on that computer because it's a core duo and only makes a couple thousand ppd too 4ghz. It's not worth the temperature but I'll try gpu tracker thanks a bunch.