Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2012, 07:01 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Hey guys. I recently got into boincing a couple months ago. It got me to thinking why no BOINC activity here at HWC?
I am particularly fond of Milkyway@home and seti@home. I'm thinking of getting some AMD cards just to run those projects.
I gotten a little obsessed with Boincing myself and am currently crunching ~39 different projects (Project List) for Hardware Canucks.

Some of them don't have a constant supply of work and I'm looking for new ones all the time.

We have a team for both Milkyway and Seti under Hardware Canucks and could use the help.

If you like the space exploration/ star mapping type projects you might also like Constellation@Home and theSkyNet Pogs both of which we have Teams for.

Those experiencing lag while crunching on their Nvidia Gpu might want to try Poem@Home. It only puts a ~40% load on my 660Ti and creates no lag, even running two WU's at a time only loads it~70% which is good for over 425k ppd.

It can also be run on older hardware quite easily, prior to the 660Ti it was running on my GTS250 to the tune of 175k PPD.

Old November 2, 2012, 05:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

HOLY MOLY! 39 projects? I currently just run DistRTGen for max points. I like to compete in some challenges on another site to have the chance to win prizes and stuff but like I said I would really like to get some AMD cards so I can make a good contribution to Seti and Milkyway.

I will have to look into Poem@home for sure and constellation@home. Sounds like I can maybe run boinc and play XCOM or SC2 at the same time :P. Thanks for the info LCB001.

I know this may sound shallow or low or whatever you want to call it but I would rather donate my PC work trying to "find ET" or map the galaxy then do the folding@home medical research. To me they are equally important.

plus don't get me started on the medical industry . I don't think I need to voice my opinion on that. I'm sure Ted Shackley has spoke on it before.
Old November 2, 2012, 05:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just set my idling 7970 to crunch for peom, and I kept my F@H SMP folding with smp 11 instead of 12.

I'll see the impact on my ppd tonight

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old November 2, 2012, 01:57 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'm testing a server for stability, very long-term stability with Poem@Home too.

ps. Mods, this should be in the 'Folding' sub-forum.
Old November 2, 2012, 02:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I'm testing a server for stability, very long-term stability with Poem@Home too.

ps. Mods, this should be in the 'Folding' sub-forum.
Moved. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 22, 2013, 11:30 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default World Community Grid Cure for Cancer with GPU

If you are running Boinc with WCG and Cure for Cancer; You could pump up your gpu science output.
Let me know and I can help with the setup.
Basically with a small xml file you can bump your working threads to double and possibly triple the stock thread count per gpu while keeping the cpu thread count the same Anonymous platform - BOINC
I have 4 threads running off 2 gpus (XFX7950 x 2) for example.
Attached Images

Last edited by Shredder; March 23, 2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Added Link to Source of File