Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
What do you mean , 'stuck with it' ?

If I delete all of v7, I can go back to v6 right ?

Can I just enter my passkey into the v6 gpu clients and qualify for the bonus ?
Yes, and that's probably what you should do. Continue folding regular projects and wait patiently for QRB to complete beta testing. If you start from scratch, though, the client will still fetch the new sucky core. You have to use an existing folding directory that already has a copy of the old v2.22 core in there and to make sure you fold only WUs that do not force the new core (i.e., regular units, not -beta or -advanced).

Kepler, incidentally, needs the new core. Everything else would be better off without it. Eventually, the -beta and -advanced projects will be released full-fah, though, in which case the v2.25 core is coming for us all, whether we like it or not. Hopefully QRB will be ready by then, offsetting the reduced performance of the core with increased rewards per unit.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 6, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
The only way to get it to work seems to be the process mentioned above.
Incidentally, I've already done the legwork and have a copy of FahCore_15.exe v2.22 if anybody needs it. Unzip the attached and change the extension of the zipped file from .cpy to .exe. Then replace your existing FahCore_15.exe with this one. Note that you can easily tell by the file size which version of the core you are using: v2.22 is about 4.5mb, while v2.25 is about 7.5mb.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FahCore_15.zip (1.54 MB, 43 views)

Old November 6, 2012, 09:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Incidentally, I've already done the legwork and have a copy of FahCore_15.exe v2.22 if anybody needs it. Unzip the attached and change the extension of the zipped file from .cpy to .exe. Then replace your existing FahCore_15.exe with this one. Note that you can easily tell by the file size which version of the core you are using: v2.22 is about 4.5mb, while v2.25 is about 7.5mb.
Can it just be replaced straight out without having to do anything else? (There are two spots where the core might be hiding).

edit: For anybody who's interested, DT's file will be a good start. I couldn't even get the bloody thing to extract properly when I dl'd it from the stanford servers.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 6, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Can it just be replaced straight out without having to do anything else? (There are two spots where the core might be hiding).

edit: For anybody who's interested, DT's file will be a good start. I couldn't even get the bloody thing to extract properly when I dl'd it from the stanford servers.
Yup - it's prepped and ready for action (once you have changed the file extension, that is). I've never actually used V7 so am not familiar with where the core(s) may be hiding.

Old November 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Thx bud .

I didnt need an old folder or anything.I just dumped the renamed core you supllied into the new fah gpu directory , worked right away.

SMP is werkin better too.

I'm doing the same ppd with one card down using v6.....v7 can kiss my ass.

/me loads up gpu 2

Old November 6, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ok !

yep back up 20 k.

It seems the SMP suffers the most with v7....

Old November 7, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
It seems the SMP suffers the most with v7....
I find the new WUs using A4 core are not really optimized the way core A3s are.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
I find the new WUs using A4 core are not really optimized the way core A3s are.
Don't forget that the extra A4 bonus is a bit phantasmagoric: Folding@home: Bonus for A4-core based projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay
To emphasize the scientific importance of these work units, we are boosting the base points of all A4 work units by 10% when uploaded (Note that this bonus will not be reported by V7 or by the 3rd party applications which project PPD but the points will appear when your statistics are credited). The quick return bonuses will be calculated on top of the increased base points.

Old November 7, 2012, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

I've never really cared about 'bonus'.

I do care about "correctly running" tho......My main rig is back to 75k , from the 51k I was getting from version 7.

SMP is up 20% , gpu's are both up 5% on the same unit , and pulling some 24k units...

I do admit I did'nt try to tweak out v7 , but it dun matter....it's fixed.

Old November 7, 2012, 04:50 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Hmm... I'm running 2 WU 8018s on each of my 480s and all of a sudden the PPD from them has gone from 14k to 20k. Now I'm getting a boost for running them. Hence I'm switching back to beta client. That being said, it's running my cards about 8 degrees hotter than a 8000 series WU.