Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   little help from the folding gods please (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/55162-little-help-folding-gods-please.html)

gingerbee June 30, 2012 07:29 PM

little help from the folding gods please

2 Attachment(s)
OK folks well for what ever reason my folding rig went down last nite and i am have trouble getting to work right again i reloaded the smp and set it up as i did before and it finished one crappy ppd fold to start saying this over and over please help folding gods ( you know who you are )

edit and yes it has an internet connection XD

gingerbee June 30, 2012 07:45 PM

well that's strange if i restart it and config it all over it starts fine but loads a really low ppd WU i have even tried putting it toward an smp server that they say is working but hell for all i know i am not using the software right lol

LCB001 June 30, 2012 08:10 PM

There are times when the servers at stanford just go wonky, have you checked the status of whatever server you are on server status for Folding@home.

Sometimes changing the Machine ID in your config will be enough to get you assigned to a different server.

gingerbee June 30, 2012 08:22 PM

ya i dont know how to check what server i am on doh

LCB001 June 30, 2012 08:42 PM

Unless it's changed scroll back in the log to where it downloaded the previous workunit, one of the lines should say which server IP it was downloaded from.

Since the interval between retries gets longer with each attempt you might be better off exiting and restarting the Folding otherwise it might be a while before you get a new WU...

gingerbee June 30, 2012 08:45 PM

i did restart it and thanks the IP address is there

edit ok well here is my server and it says it's running fine so lets see when it gets through this one

171.67.108.58 log

but still has really low ppd for an smp :sad:

LoTech June 30, 2012 09:52 PM

I have been getting some really low PPD WU lately as well. 8009 for 2510 points. 8048 for 748 credits. Another 8048 for 696.20 credits. A week or so ago I was receiving WU worth 17,000 credits, 5746, 7000 ish etc. Not sure why all of a sudden we get these hard to process low cerdit units. I just run them thru, but I don't quite understand why some get 7000 credits for the same time that a 2510 credit takes to process. Guess its the luck of the draw.

MARSTG July 2, 2012 11:15 AM

I have a similar situation on my 2P folder, I have a 6997 WU that will generate around 4.4k PPD, down from 14k ppd not from this WU but 6097/6098/6099 types. I don't know what is happening. The only difference is that i got -advmethods unchecked. I stopped all and checked again -advmethods, hopefully will get a 6097/6098/6099 WU after it finishes. try this, if not could be a problem with these WU in which best case is to post it on FAH forum in the section "problem with a WU".

geokilla July 2, 2012 12:59 PM

I suggest you upgrade to V7. Much better and easier to use than V6 imo. Been using it for months now and it's going strong with no problems whatsoever.

gingerbee July 2, 2012 01:54 PM

ya i am still getting really low wu ppd but i may try the new version v7 but some one did tell me that your machine has to complete 10 full WU before you'll get a bigadv WU once you restart you set up i really dont know so i am trying to give it enough time to get through 10 WU and see thanks all