Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2012, 11:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Use VirtualBox. I used this guide here to set up my 3930k, which now pulls 100k at 4.25 Ghz. Don't forget to set your number of CPU's before you start up.

[Win 7] How to get 140K plus PPD from your overclocked 3930K on Windows 7

Anyone know how to get VirtualBox to autolaunch a VM upon startup?
Old June 16, 2012, 12:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya i was running an smp a regular cpu and a vmware. if you only run one client at a time whats the point of running a virtual folding box if you only run one client on your main os sorry i bet it's a stupid question but i always thought the point was to run as many clients as you can to get more done. also whats the point of having fahmon/hfm if your only supposed to run one client like i said i know nothing about folding really just that i have the power to help our team out so i wanna help
Old June 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well i shut all the others down and it made a huge difference but i think i am still pretty low of what most folks can get with an sr2 i mean i am at 12000 ppd now but i want 100000 ppd man
Attached Images

Old June 16, 2012, 03:12 PM

My System Specs

You need to use a VM or native linux. Windows clients suck. Take a look at the guide that SugarJ posted above.
Old June 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i did so what everyone is say that windows clients just plan suck so use linux instead ??? and so far so good it just finished a 12000 ppd in about an hr and now it's got a 47000 one that it's ripping through so i am now a happy man thanks so much guys i new the answers where out in the hwc fields some where XD i am going to let it fold away for a while on these and try linux stuff later just wanna get some point up there lol thanks again guys/gals
Old June 17, 2012, 08:38 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Use VirtualBox. I used this guide here to set up my 3930k, which now pulls 100k at 4.25 Ghz. Don't forget to set your number of CPU's before you start up.

[Win 7] How to get 140K plus PPD from your overclocked 3930K on Windows 7

Thanks for the link. This is so much easier than setting up Ubuntu.
Old June 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post

Open Source Vbox VM as Windows service

VBoxVmService | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net
Old October 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm almost setup but ran into a tiny question the config page doesn't show my Magny-Cours it shows
Quote:
Kernel - AMD Barcelona Bulldozer Piledriver
not sure which one to check.