Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2012, 06:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Perry C gets a cookie!, he troubleshot my problem from another Provence! leaving the screen on was the cure, kind of odd I can't turn my monitor off now, I have shuffling backgrounds now to keep my screen from getting any burned in images. Even paused it a couple times, and still finished and got my points so I think that it is fixed.
Old May 6, 2012, 07:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Glad I could help, but I can't take full credit. Somebody mentioned it one of the threads here when I was frustrated with the same issue. Unfortunately I can't remember who or what thread. Then I went looking in a couple of other places and the monitor issue was mentioned a few times. Gave it a try and solved my issues.

The only other issue I have noticed, like I said in my previous post, is that if you pause a client HFM will report the WUs in progress at that time as failed when they really haven't failed.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old May 7, 2012, 05:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think it also solve my issues! My PC was crashing and I could not wake up the display. I'll report tonight if it's still good :)

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old May 7, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep it was this thread: GPU3 goes to sleep after a WU is completed
I haven't had any issue manually turning off the monitor (or now in my case, TV), but with the 295 and up series of nVidia driver your F@H GPU units go down the drain when Windows tells your screen to turn off. If you have a plasma or something that you think will get images burned into it, you can use screensavers for their (old) intended purpose.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Does anyone know if this is an nvidia problem, or if AMD cards are also affected. I haven't noticed anything, but maybe that would explain the low ppd of my 7950.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old May 7, 2012, 08:26 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Glad I could help, but I can't take full credit. Somebody mentioned it one of the threads here when I was frustrated with the same issue. Unfortunately I can't remember who or what thread. Then I went looking in a couple of other places and the monitor issue was mentioned a few times. Gave it a try and solved my issues.

The only other issue I have noticed, like I said in my previous post, is that if you pause a client HFM will report the WUs in progress at that time as failed when they really haven't failed.
ya I read that post, but I have paused several times in the last two days, and completed every wu, honestly if it didn't pause I would have went bck to using two older clients, but I have paused one unit a good 25 times just as a test, plus I wanted to play WOT. I see I got the credits for the project so it seems to be working for me.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Does anyone know if this is an nvidia problem, or if AMD cards are also affected. I haven't noticed anything, but maybe that would explain the low ppd of my 7950.
Good question, not to sre I never dared folding on my AMd set ups (CF 5870, and CF6970) Both setups ran super crazy hot and I had to basically use a box fan as a side panel on my pc case to play games longer then 30 minutes without overheating.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll try disabling monitor automatic display off this evening. From what I understand, I can manually turn off the TV (which I'll have to, my pc is hooked up to an HDTV until I can get my desk set up, and it consumes a boatload of power) and not affect anything. So, I'll do that (I always wondered if the zerocore function would affect folding) and see if my ppd increases dramatically. Then again, maybe zerocore would only activate it the card wasn't functioning. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old May 7, 2012, 09:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I never had this issue with my HD5750, however I haven't folded with that with the latest V7 client (0.9.548 or something like that I think.)
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old May 7, 2012, 01:09 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

This is only an nVdia problem... as it is related to the new driver releases from them.