Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   HPCS account removal? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/53661-hpcs-account-removal.html)

jibz April 25, 2012 02:48 PM

HPCS account removal?

Hey guys, is there anyway to remove/delete you're HPCS account? Now that beta is coming to an end I don't want to be charged and I'd prefer HP doesn't retain my billing information.

PerryC April 25, 2012 02:57 PM

I believe you actually have to call their 1-800 number and cancel that way. I haven't been able to find anything on the server management console to cancel.

Arinoth April 25, 2012 02:59 PM

You have to call their 1-800 number, it's the only way. You'll need to give quite a bit of your account info so be logged into too.

zodac April 25, 2012 03:00 PM

Send an email to support@hpcloud.com, with the following info:
Tenant ID (found in Account> API keys)
Account ID (found in Account> Miscellaneous)
Reason for cancellation

Make sure your instances are deleted, and storage space is empty. ;)

PerryC April 25, 2012 03:16 PM

I am cancelling my account as I type this. I logged into the dashboard, hit the chat button. My account was cancelled in about 5 minutes. The customer service rep was typing pretty much as soon as I hit the chat button.

dandelioneater April 25, 2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac (Post 623786)
Reason for cancellation

I sent this info in and just got a response from the tech guy: "Awesome, thanks for providing us with the account info right off the bat! I have sent this cancellation to the proper channels. Have a good one!"

so this method of cancellation should work.

thanks

lowfat April 25, 2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac (Post 623786)
Reason for cancellation

They responded to my email within 2 minutes :shok:

zodac April 25, 2012 03:40 PM

Bear this in mind though: they don't necessarily delete your account right away (if they had, you wouldn't be able to log back on). I was told - as were others on my team - that their account had simply been queued for deletion.

They won't charge you if you have no active instances, and they say they aim to have all deletions complete by the 10th of May, but just keep an eye on it. ;)

3.0charlie April 25, 2012 04:09 PM

I've sent the email too, but in the Misc. section there is a radio button called 'Cancel account'... :bleh:

PerryC April 25, 2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 623804)
I've sent the email too, but in the Misc. section there is a radio button called 'Cancel account'... :bleh:

Clicking that button just gives you your account number and tells you to call the 1-800 number...or it did the other day when I checked.