Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Check out this persons PPD! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/52353-check-out-persons-ppd.html)

vbironchef March 10, 2012 04:20 PM

Check out this persons PPD!

Team: Overclock.net Name: s3v3n

Just amazing PPD: 1,557,659 avg. Way To Fold

Going to pass me up in a blink of a eye. Wait, already did.:haha:

BeaverBender March 11, 2012 08:48 AM

That is obviously someone who is abusing HPCS. Their production just recently skyrocketed and their PPD is already down 400K from just a few hours of HPCS being turned off.

_s3v3n_ - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

PerryC March 11, 2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaverBender (Post 610512)
That is obviously someone who is abusing HPCS. Their production just recently skyrocketed and their PPD is already down 400K from just a few hours of HPCS being turned off.

_s3v3n_ - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

The guy is definitely taking advantage of HPCS, but not all his points are coming from there...just look at his history.

Looking here Kakao Stats - Production History - _s3v3n_ it looks like his production has gone up since HP reduced the ram limits on their servers. That would mean he would have one bucket load of accounts with them.

Hell, he could even be running a botnet. Definitely screwing with their CC baseline too.

BeaverBender March 12, 2012 10:35 AM

He is actually bragging over at HCN that he has 200+ instances on HPCS. Nice that he is ruining it for others who can't even get on because of people like him.

chrisk March 12, 2012 10:43 AM

Heh yeah I could not get in either. At least the server is folding its little hearts out!

Squeetard March 12, 2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 610757)
At least the server is folding its little hearts out!

That's what counts. Some of you folders make me laugh with all your butthurtedness (new word!). You're like celebrity apprentice, screwing up your favorite charity because of your ego.

vbironchef March 16, 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeetard (Post 610767)
That's what counts. Some of you folders make me laugh with all your butthurtedness (new word!). You're like celebrity apprentice, screwing up your favorite charity because of your ego.

So why did you stop folding?

Squeetard March 16, 2012 03:25 PM

I donated 2 watercooled gtx 260's to HWC folders that would keep them running 24/7. I need my computer for work.

SugarJ March 16, 2012 04:12 PM

And I did run the GTX260 Squeetard sent me for a few months in my wife's system, before I passed it on to another folder who promised to torture it until it gave up (boggtrotter59).

vbironchef March 16, 2012 04:34 PM

So everyone doesn't want to pay to electric bill, myself included. I get that. I still don't get how this person can get something like 2 million points per day. No celebrity apprentice:haha: here, I'm just amazed at the points per day. I have 3 computers, so work is not a issue for me, just feel like it's not worth the effort with somebody able to do 2 million points per day. There is no way I could do that folding at home.