Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2012, 10:47 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Well, then, euh... please carry on.
Old March 21, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_H View Post
At least half, I know i would scale back some. Or at least not try as hard to get more points from what I have. speaking of which, On the weekend I overclocked a Xeon X3330 to 3.7GHz. Still need to work on memory timings but it'll be folding for the week. I'll look at it again on the weekend. It's getting about 60PPW
looking at that PPW it seems like it might be a little blown out of proportion that SMP+GPU folding gets much worse PPW than BIGadv. when I don't kill my computer with gaming/watching movies (which I've been doing a lot of lately) I can sustain about 28k PPD at 340 watts. that turns out to be about 82.5 PPW.
on topic for the thread, that's pretty impressive for a single person, but the reason a lot of people are probably a bit butthurt about the HPCS is because they've put their own time and money into getting a machine that can fold well and are now being nearly ignored by people who didn't have to pay anything, pretty much don't have to do anything, and did very little to get it up and running.
Old March 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
Rookie

Exactly! I would like to see those HPCS people pay for their electric bill as well. If I were to get those kind of points at home, my electric bill would be almost as much as a car payment. Really upsets me that equipment that's a year old gets such reduced points. I know this is all in the name of science, but I think F@H is getting way to greedy for me.
Old March 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Who the f*** cares? You mean that if someone had access to a massive computing cluster and used it to fold you'd think that's bad? If you're that butthurt about contributions to FAH you're seriously doing this for the wrong reasons. Shit, some people get flat rate hydro where they live, those bastards. Contributing to FAH without paying their fair share. I hear some people even get free hardware and use it to fold.
Old March 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
I hear some people even get free hardware and use it to fold.
Let me know about these sources and I'll make it a sticky

Actually, I think I AM one of those sources...
Fold for team #54196
Old March 22, 2012, 01:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
Who the f*** cares? You mean that if someone had access to a massive computing cluster and used it to fold you'd think that's bad? If you're that butthurt about contributions to FAH you're seriously doing this for the wrong reasons. Shit, some people get flat rate hydro where they live, those bastards. Contributing to FAH without paying their fair share. I hear some people even get free hardware and use it to fold.
I actually think F@H is a good thing. Don't know why you would think otherwise. I was refering to the point system, that's all. I have been folding for 5 years so I have seen a lot of changes to the point system and I guess I'm getting burnt out from all the changes. Hope everyone understands and keeps on folding. For me, I'm just tired of upgrading graphic cards and building new rigs. The rigs I have work great so I can't justify spending money on upgrades when my rigs are only a year old. I would like to stay married! If you catch my drift. I'm sure she would like some new clothes instead. Don't you think?
Old April 1, 2012, 11:17 AM
Rookie

Just checked what s3v3n did for points in the month of March. 66,805,046 points, and 21,637 WU completed. Just amazing! How many rigs would you need to get those kind of points if there was no HPCS?
Old April 2, 2012, 10:49 AM
Top Prospect

34 PC's, with AMD 6174 Opterons X 4 each, would be about right, IF you had enough bandwidth to allow several systems to upload and download, at the same time, at full speed.
Old April 2, 2012, 11:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbironchef View Post
Just checked what s3v3n did for points in the month of March. 66,805,046 points, and 21,637 WU completed. Just amazing! How many rigs would you need to get those kind of points if there was no HPCS?
Thats why OCN wants to use pre HPCS numbers for the Chimp Challenge this year.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank