Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I like the ideas that DougTheSlug has suggested as well. Overall I just want some nice friendly competition :)
Old February 29, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Doug and I are talking about the same things.

In any competition , the rules have to be totally black-and-white .

It's very important.

----------

If the CC captains are looking at a modification of last years rules , we win again.Last years ruleset ,from what I can see, was just an obfuscated avg PPD/user , we don't need a contest for this , you can see it on the stats everyday.

I'm certainly not sure of the answer tho...My only thought on this was a contest based on "users gained"

Old March 2, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

I spent some time reading the CC posts on other forums today .

Here's a couple observations.

Despite the fact that we asked first (it's our own fault for being polite), people still think we are cheating because of the ncix help.

This is bullshit , and there is a reason the captains/team leaders decided it was'nt an issue in the first place when we asked.

It's no different than me building a rig at my expense for CC ....It's an un-enforceable rule.I'll eat my damn hat if any other team can provide proof they did'nt recruit thier 'buddies' for the CC.Seriously , give it a rest.

I promise I will recruit every single effing client to HWC I can , and If I win the lottery I'll rent a datacenter.

-------

I see a lot of people in agreement that HPCS needs to be eliminated , seems like there's people not involved, that's not fair.

----

More food for thought.

Old March 2, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
We are probably sticking with the same format as last year. We don't have much time to revamp everything right now.
I love you guys, you know that right?

If the rules stay the same as last year, I think I'll probably stay home. As an NCIX folder, I would rather not endure another year of being accused of "cheating."

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old March 2, 2012, 01:56 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
I love you guys, you know that right?

If the rules stay the same as last year, I think I'll probably stay home. As an NCIX folder, I would rather not endure another year of being accused of "cheating."
Rules for points and such are changing in order to make it equitable, but the ideas behind different tiers, competing against different DC projects, changing the date, etc. will have to wait until we can give better notice.

Love you too DT!
Fold for team #54196
Old March 2, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay - thanks! Sorry, I took your earlier comment about "same format" to mean "same rules" - my bad. Good luck with putting something totally awesome together!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old March 2, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
The focus is on how we will calculate stats (ie. "Chimp Points", etc).
Past years average maybe, not including the CC weeks. I know I'm not to keen on being gimped again a few days into it because of a bunch of whiners, I probably quadrupled my normal output for the CC last year. I'd like to bring some cheap nvidia power in this year for my extra PCI-E slots... Single slot 460's would rule.
Old March 2, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do not give a $hit about any changes, unfair formulas, sniveling past participants, yada, yada. Win, lose or draw, I am ALL in for the Chimps Challenge, ALL the way. DAMN the torpedoes, FULL speed ahead!!

Old March 2, 2012, 10:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
I see a lot of people in agreement that HPCS needs to be eliminated , seems like there's people not involved, that's not fair.
You talk about enforceable rules, and then you go and say something like this?
How in blazes do you expect to be able to enforce no HPCS involvement?
Old March 3, 2012, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Simple.

We wait till HPCS is done (it's only a temp thing).There's a good chance it'll be over anyways.

I suggest that someone needs to talk to HP and find out when the free servers are finished.

------

I'm pretty much with stoanee on this , I really don't care either way, I'll compete.

---

chrisk : can you confirm all the team captains have checked in yet ?