Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hi Zodac , thx fer droppin by.

----

Listen everyone , there IS no 'bad guy' .We are all struggling along trying to find an answer.The most important part is that we all participate , and gain new users for folding right ?

Here's my hubris response :

I'll go for straight points, simply because I know who does what.I read the team stats.

Any real race , (points/user) and everybody's ownt.Only [H] has been challenging us there , and they don't wanna play.

----

Cheers.

It's all good with me , lets all really fold hard !

Old April 23, 2012, 04:29 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Here is what is being voted on folks:

Quote:
Here is the format that is being proposed:

1) CC Names will be used again this year.
2) It will run for 10 days (open to debate).
3) Points system:

• There will be three categories - Points, Growth and Conversion:

Points are the # of millions each team produces (120,000,000 is 120 points).
Growth is based off of last year's CC production (essentially, the handicap system we used last year).
Conversion is the amount of points made by the team by their CC user (so monkey_bollocks points/OCAU points*100).

• Each category will be "normalised" as follows:
Example numbers

Team A - 120
Team B - 84
Team C - 47
Team D - 103

We take the range (max-min, which = 73). We then use this formula = (points*100/range).

So the scores become:

Team A - 164.4
Team B - 115.1
Team C - 64.4
Team D - 141.1

Finally, we subtract the lowest score (64.4) from all teams, to bring the points into a 0-100 range (0 for lowest team, 100 for highest team):

Team A = 100
Team B = 50.7
Team C = 0
Team D = 76.7

• We add up the totals for each category, and the team with the most points across all three categories wins.
Looks like a bit of everything; total points, growth since last year's CC, and how much of your team can convert their users over to the CC name.

I don't want to debate the specifics right now, but I am inclined to accept this as-is as we will never come to agreement if we continually tweak.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 23, 2012, 04:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Good for me.

Old April 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

2-0 so far for this system.

Lets get this going beavers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Fold for team #54196
Old April 23, 2012, 05:02 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Here is what is being voted on folks:

Looks like a bit of everything; total points, growth since last year's CC, and how much of your team can convert their users over to the CC name.

I don't want to debate the specifics right now, but I am inclined to accept this as-is as we will never come to agreement if we continually tweak.
I second this proposition.
Old April 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do-It!
Name:  screaming-chimp.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  23.1 KB
Old April 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Let's do it!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old April 23, 2012, 05:34 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Looks like we are on our way to picking....

Fold for team #54196
Old April 23, 2012, 05:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Count me in, I just have to figure out why my system doesn't like gpu folding all of a sudden.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old April 23, 2012, 09:26 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Adak, please don't make me out to be the bad guy here - just because I want absolute points to have some influence in the event, that doesn't mean that a bigger team will win. Both of the other two categories proposed (growth and conversion) favour smaller teams. It's not gonna be perfectly balanced, but it's something to work with and tweak for next year. It at least factors in more things than last year, which was weighted towards smaller teams (not drastically, since OCN came 3rd and Evga were 4/5th until the very end). It's just tyring to balance things off fully, and we won't know until we try it.

As for the CC names, it wasn't a matter of them falling in line with me. Each team had one vote, and it was a slim margin. If TSC! had replied, it might have been a tie and one of the teams would probably have changed their vote. I hardly went to the teams and campaigned for it - I stated my case, as did you.

Anyway, Chris, there's a vote going on for the final draft for this year's format, if you get a chance to take a look at it. ;)
Zodac, you ARE the "bad guy" here. I would estimate the odds of OCN winning are now at 80%. You keep saying "we don't know until we try", which is absolutely nonsense.

We have spreadsheets - we make projections - quickly and easily. And guess who wins those projections? < hint OCN hint > I've stated this repeatedly, and repeatedly the CC captains ignore it.

I appreciate your work and your zeal Zodac, but your enthusiasm isn't being moderated by someone who is looking after the future of the CC. You have a 20 to 1 post ratio over any other CC team captain, across multiple forums, AND you are the mod of the CC forum. No one can even get into the CC forum, without your approval.

And you don't think that's an undue and pervasive influence?

The way the CC decisions are made is ungawdly slow and really silly. We have CC captains who have never even raced in the CC before - never heard of it until this month. Other captains just don't show up, or lack an opinion - on almost any topic of the CC. "Whatever's" rain down from them, like leaves in the fall.

You're a natural leader Zodac, but you are leading the CC in the wrong direction. Yes, it favors OCN that you do this, and I'm sure that OCN would be quite pissed if you didn't - but it's still the wrong direction for the CC.

The smaller teams haven't caught onto how the CC will be changed yet. When they do, they won't be quite so cordial to you.
Closed Thread